Service Control 0.0.0.3
This plugin displays a list of win32 services and allows user to toggle its running state. Th idea came from OGroeger and Mouser (See this thead: HERE
A few things of note are:
0) Only works on NT/2K/XP for now
1) Only works if user is a member of the Administrator group - EDIT: also works on Vista now
2) If a service is currently disabled, it enables it before starting.
3) If a service has dependency services, it shows you the list of services that will also get stopped.
Depending on interest, I have some TODOs:
* add progress bar when start/stop services - DONE
* Vista compatibility (thinking of using ShellExecuteEx with "runas" verb to launch a separate script, or separate the code into a separate COM control so it could be elevated Just-In-Time) - DONE
* ability to run as standard user with admin impersonationInstallation:
Extract the zip file to the farr2 plugins directory then reload the plugins from the plugins listing screen.Screenshot:Version History
v0.0.0.1 (July 3rd, 2007)
v0.0.0.2 (July 5th, 2007)
[NEW] Added Progress Bar
[FIX] Changed default options to show progress bar and not display msgbox
[FIX] Set max wait time to 20 secs to avoid misbehaving services taking forever
v0.0.0.3 (July 5th, 2007)
[NEW] Added Vista Support
Comments and constructive criticisms are welcome!
Thanks to hamradio for the beautiful icons!!!!