ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Right Click any file and create New Folder by its Name

<< < (40/57) > >>

skwire:
I ran it from with the zip file.   Would that make a difference?   I figured because it shows up in the context menu that the install part was ok.-Paul!!! (October 19, 2015, 10:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, that'll make a difference.  Try this, please:

* Download this: http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/files_2_folder/Unreg_F2F.zip
* Extract that zip into some folder.  Right-click the Unregister_F2F_Shell_Extension.exe file and choose Run As Administrator.  That should unregister the shell extension.
* Put your Files2Folder.exe file where you want and run it with Administrator rights as well.  You MUST run it with Administrator rights. It should ask you if you want to register the shell extension.
* Now try right-clicking a file now and let me know.

Paul!!!:
YES  :Thmbsup:  That was it.  Thank you!

skwire:
YES  :Thmbsup:  That was it.  Thank you!-Paul!!! (October 19, 2015, 10:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome.  =]

hairypaulsack:
1. I manually entered a string value with a location to my Files2Folder.exe to use it's icon. Looks more nice in the context menu. Maybe ask users upon installation?-hairypaulsack (July 31, 2015, 04:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll consider this.  Which hive/key/value did you add?

--- End quote ---

I just went to 'HKCR\*\shell\Files 2 Folder' key (the folder; drop targets  and added a new string value with NAME = 'Icon'  and 'C:\%USERPROFILE%\[ Alt. Program Files ]\Files 2 Folder\Files2Folder.exe,0' as the DATA.

Just like you can throw a string value with 'Extended' to make any \shell context menu item show up on the extended (SHIFT + RIGHT CLICK) context menu \shellex, you can add an Icon string value with Data pointing to your choice of icon just like when doing so when right clicking on the properties of a shortcut.

SYNTAX

--- ---: "Icon"="\"C:\\LOCATION\\TO\\PARENT\\DIRECTORY\\OF\\PROGRAM DIRECTORY\\EXECUTABLE WITH DESIRED ICON.exe\""For some reason it will only take the this default icon, at least on my computer. Normally it follows default icon syntax parameters by allowing you to pick from any of the multiple icons that are usually made available with each .exe file.

EX:

--- ---"Icon"="\"C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe,0 You can see I'm using the 0th icon from the sublime file, the initial icon. If you used the SHELL32.DLL icon set by pointing at '%SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll' there are like 100 icons packed in this file. I'm sure you know most of this it's just cool stuff for anyone reading.

---------------------------
Here is my exported key
----------------------------

--- ---Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Files 2 Folder]
"Icon"="\"C:\\Users\\%USERPROFILE%\\[ Alt. Program Files ]\\Files 2 Folder\\Files2Folder.exe\""
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Files 2 Folder\DropTarget]
"CLSID"="{a951a7c0-97b1-11de-b5f4-0002a5d5c51b}"
There are plenty of programs that do this for you and much more, but what is driving me nuts is HOW DO YOU MAKE A FREAKING DIVIDER???? All I know is another tag just like 'Icon' and 'Extended' to make it show it the top where AMD CCC hangs, the middle, or the bottom where Gadgets, Display Settings, Person.... - respectively TOP MIDDLE and BOTTOM

hairypaulsack:
IT IS A NIGHTMARE!!! MY FILES2FOLDER ISN'T WORKING - WAHHH WAHHH WHHHH

I tried removing it (elevated) and adding it again..
cleaning out every reference to 'files 2 folder' and the CLSID= "{a951a7c0-97b1-11de-b5f4-0002a5d5c51b}"

No luck. Here is error...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version