topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:03 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Cody Mug for NANY Participants  (Read 107706 times)

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Cody Mug for NANY Participants
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2007, 09:17 AM »
Farmsteader,
Thanks for this handy illustrated tip.  Now I think I see where I've been going wrong. 
While you've been making a monkey out of coding, coding's been making a monkey out of me!  I'll try to ape your style... ;)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2007, 03:36 PM »
Farmsteader, how do you like working in a reclining chair.. it's something i've always been curious about if it would actually work, and you seem to have taken the idea quite seriously.  Did you custom build that table setup? (bolted to floor?)

Inquiring minds want to know.

ps. I think that monkey has to be imortalized in cartoon form one day by nudone, as one of Cody's best friends.

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2007, 03:58 PM »
I too want to know about the reclining. I have chronic back problems. It went out again yesterday. I am sitting in my office chair looking at my special back chair ( a cloth version of this chair ) while hunched over and hurting. I have thought several times about creating such a setup with something like this.

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2007, 04:34 PM »
i tried to use my bed in a similar fashion to Farmy's recliner but it wasn't as sophisticated so didn't really work.

the worst thing about reclining is not having support under your arms if you are typing a lot - so you need to position the laptop or keyboard just right.

on a side note: i used to slump in an armchair whilst using the computer - did this for two or three years and i'm 99% confident that it affected my health. i suppose slumping in a chair isn't quite the same as reclining but bear it in mind - since i've stopped slumping in that chair i now don't feel so ill.

Ruffnekk

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Uhm yeah...
    • View Profile
    • RuffNekk's Crypto Pages
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2007, 06:24 PM »
Farmsteader did you poor concrete in the floor to keep that small table standing? ;)
Regards,
RuffNekk

Programming is an art form that fights back.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2007, 06:42 PM »
How much does ShaggyPup charge to do freelance coding jobs?

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2007, 08:56 PM »
Farmsteader, how do you like working in a reclining chair.. it's something i've always been curious about if it would actually work, and you seem to have taken the idea quite seriously.  Did you custom build that table setup? (bolted to floor?)

Mostly it started with one of those cantilever CRT monitor stands.  The table is my own design.  Essentially, from the anchor bolts embedded in the concrete foundation floor to the table top is my construction.  Everything above the table is a modified monitor support arm. 

Inquiring minds want to know.

Of course they do! 

ps. I think that monkey has to be immortalized in cartoon form one day by nudone, as one of Cody's best friends.

I am sure his monkeyship would be honored.  Please advise when you need proof photos for this.  He will be sure and show his best side.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 05:17 PM by CodeTRUCKER »

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2007, 08:59 PM »
How much does ShaggyPup charge to do freelance coding jobs?

ShaggyPup has requested that you allow him to not own this until he has had a opportunity to peruse the project, but wants to assure you that it will be competitive.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 05:00 PM by CodeTRUCKER »

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2007, 09:06 PM »
I too want to know about the reclining. I have chronic back problems. It went out again yesterday. I am sitting in my office chair looking at my special back chair ( a cloth version of this chair ) while hunched over and hurting. I have thought several times about creating such a setup with something like this.

Man, Chaim, that hurts thinking about it.  In regard to your inquiry, I have not suffered any problems and have enjoyed substantial relief over other postures.  Make sure you have good head support so you do not need to hold your head up. 

An added benefit to my arrangement is the ability to lean back the recliner and snooze when a short nap is in order.

PM me if you have any other specific inquiries.  In the meantime, I hope your chairs can help you.

Now, you will have to excuse me.  I have just been summoned by a diminutive primate.  He undoubtedly has been monkeying around with his code and is in a recursive loop.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 05:15 PM by CodeTRUCKER »

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2007, 09:19 PM »
Farmsteader did you poor concrete in the floor to keep that small table standing? ;)

No, I did not pour concrete.  I sliced the carpet and drilled four 1/2" holes in the foundation with a hammer drill (DO NOT try a regular drill) and installed anchor bolts in the holes.  The kind you hammer in and are self-tightening as you draw them up by tightening (make sure you put the nut on BEFORE you hammer).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 05:14 PM by CodeTRUCKER »

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2007, 09:25 PM »
Due to all the interest shown here, I have a ToDo to post some detailed pictures and plans, but it could take a while.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 05:30 PM by CodeTRUCKER »

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2007, 06:45 AM »
At last, here they are, my nany mug pics:

1Mum&Mug01 [80%].jpgCody Mug for NANY Participants

Directly behind me, in front of my pc case that is being blocked by my head in the first pic, is my jar of chocolate cody coins.
2Cody Coins [80%].jpgCody Mug for NANY Participants

Behind me, on the shelf and on top of my scanner, are my 'dead friends'...and yes, one has her own pc.
3Mum's Dead Friends.jpgCody Mug for NANY Participants

By my speakers are my animal friends. I only know the name of one of them...Woe the Doe. (she has this 'woe is me' look on her face and I didn't have the heart to let her be thrown in the trash, so I rescued her from my daughter.)
4Woe the Doe - and Friends.jpgCody Mug for NANY Participants

And hanging above my desk, which you can't see in the first picture, is my special dollar. It's the first dollar I ever made from programming, signed by the more than wonderful, generous person that gave it to me, who's nany mug pic is on my monitor in the first photo. :-*
5Mum's Special Dollar.jpgCody Mug for NANY Participants

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2007, 06:53 AM »
ha great :)

that jar of cody coins in app's house solves a big mystery.  after watching superman 3 it seems that cody figured out he can skim all the floating point errors in the cody coins scripts and steal away some of the cody coins!

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2007, 07:06 AM »
brilliant. and i thought i had some strange characters in my room. i guess i'm a nosey b****** but i sure do like looking at other peoples computer environments - it's more interesting than just seeing their desk.

i really like your dead friends, app.

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2007, 09:38 PM »
This has been one fun barbecue...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 05:33 PM by CodeTRUCKER »