ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to delete a folder that Windows can't find?

<< < (2/4) > >>

brotherS:
Make sure you verify it's existence and name in the detail panel as opposed to the tree
-hpearce (October 06, 2020, 09:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Does it happen that there's a difference between the two? I checked and it's really gone. :)

Deozaan:
I know the issue is already resolved, but here's another potential suggestion for anyone else who may come across this thread in the future. When problems like this crop up on my PC, I just boot into a Linux Live USB (usually Linux Mint) and delete the files from there. :Thmbsup:

skwire:
In these situations, and especially with the "filename too long" problems, another thing I always try is to use the 7-Zip GUI interface to see if I can get to the folder and delete it from within 7-Zip.  Sounds strange, but it works quite often.

mouser:
"How to delete a folder that Windows can't find?" -- sounds like a zen koan

brotherS:
I know the issue is already resolved, but here's another potential suggestion for anyone else who may come across this thread in the future. When problems like this crop up on my PC, I just boot into a Linux Live USB (usually Linux Mint) and delete the files from there. :Thmbsup:
-Deozaan (October 06, 2020, 09:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
That would take (me) more time though. 8) And is Linux able to handle NTFS?

In these situations, and especially with the "filename too long" problems, another thing I always try is to use the 7-Zip GUI interface to see if I can get to the folder and delete it from within 7-Zip.  Sounds strange, but it works quite often.
-skwire (October 06, 2020, 10:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
Wow, that's weird! But cool. :)

"How to delete a folder that Windows can't find?" -- sounds like a zen koan
-mouser (October 07, 2020, 12:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, it's a special sentence for sure.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version