ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

XYplorer is not responding.

<< < (2/7) > >>

Deozaan:
But maybe it's time to re-evaluate XYplorer and see what all the hubbub is about.
-Deozaan (March 13, 2017, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Nope. I still can't do XYplorer. It frequently locks up on me for several seconds at a time.
-Deozaan (March 14, 2017, 09:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
odd,
and you dont have the same problem with other file managers?
-tomos (March 15, 2017, 05:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Correct.

That's not to say that Windows Explorer never hangs or crashes. But it's pretty rare. Whereas with XYplorer it would be "Not Responding" for several seconds pretty much every time I came back to it after not using it for a few minutes.

DonL:
"It frequently locks up on me for several seconds at a time." ??? You should report that at XYplorer's user forum. It's certainly not a known issue. If it can be confirmed it will be fixed quickly. I know because I'm the one who does it. :)

wraith808:
"It frequently locks up on me for several seconds at a time." ??? You should report that at XYplorer's user forum. It's certainly not a known issue. If it can be confirmed it will be fixed quickly. I know because I'm the one who does it. :)
-DonL (March 17, 2017, 07:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Personally, I can't give you any information about why it happens, and that's the reason that I haven't reported it.  It doesn't happen under any circumstances I've been able to suss out.  It just happens enough that I only use it portably on machines that don't have anything installed.

DonL:
Could it be that a sleeping hard disk wakes up? This can take some seconds, and usually you hear some kind of yawning noise.

Deozaan:
Could it be that a sleeping hard disk wakes up? This can take some seconds, and usually you hear some kind of yawning noise.
-DonL (March 17, 2017, 09:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think that's the cause in my case. Unless it could be caused by any sleeping drive, even one I'm not trying to access. I spend most of my time working with and using files on my 5TB D drive. Most programs that I use read/write to that drive. That's where I'd have XYplorer open to browse my file system probably 95% of the time, so it's unlikely it would be sleeping while I'm actively using my PC. But XYplorer would almost always be "Not Responding" for several seconds, like in the 10-20(+?) second range. Long enough that I'd get too impatient waiting for it and just open Windows Explorer to do what I needed to do.

Then, if I remembered, I'd check XYplorer again to see if it had finally started responding, and usually it would. But it may have taken me another 10-30+ seconds to open Windows Explorer, navigate to the proper directory, and perform whatever operation(s) before I'd check XYplorer again, which is why I'm not really sure how long the lockups last.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version