ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

XYplorer is not responding.

<< < (3/7) > >>

wraith808:
Could it be that a sleeping hard disk wakes up? This can take some seconds, and usually you hear some kind of yawning noise.
-DonL (March 17, 2017, 09:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think so.  It's on a variety of machines- I still get it using it portably.  Some are SSDs, and some are Virtual Machines, and like Deo said, I don't experience the same with windows explorer in the same timespan.  It's not long enough to be crippling where I just say "I'm not using it again", but it is long enough that I won't switch out my primary file explorer for it.

DonL:
Weird that nobody in my forum reports this. And I'm sure they would. They are merciless.

Deozaan:
Weird that nobody in my forum reports this. And I'm sure they would. They are merciless.
-DonL (March 17, 2017, 04:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe they (any others who experience something like this) are all noobs like me who try out XYplorer but aren't emotionally invested in it and can't be bothered to create a forum account and post about it and instead just go back to what they prefer when XYplorer misbehaves.

wraith808:
-DonL (March 17, 2017, 04:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, take it for what it's worth.  I bought a true lifetime sub sight unseen, so I'd love to be able to use it rather than re-upping DOpus every few years, so I'd love to be able to help you.  But without some diagnostic way of getting information, there's no way for me to give you something useful.  If you have a way that I could give you some more info, I'd love to help.  But until then, I've got nothing.  Various OSes (from Windows Server 2003/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows Server 2012/Windows 10) at sometime when I use the portable version, it does it, and it's when accessing local or network resources.  I've only used the portable version.  That's all the info I have for it.  But the diagnostics would have to be logged all the time when I use it, as it doesn't happen on any regular basis (or enough to get me to stop using it altogether), and I can't afford to replace my file manager with something that might freeze for daily use, so it would probably take a while to get you anything.

Let me know if I can help.

DonL:
Have you tested the latest version (17.70)? This thing is evolving and, contrary to some others ;), it's usually getting faster with each release.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version