topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 6:35 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: TC4Shell - onother one NSE for opening archives directly in Windows Explorer  (Read 8114 times)

DenisA

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Dear Windows users! I would like to present my tool named TC4Shell. After installation it integrates into Windows Explorer and allows you to open many archive types and file containers directly in Windows Explorer. TC4Shell is based on two base libraries 7z.dll and unrar.dll so TC4Shell supports all file formats supported by this libs. With TC4Shell you will be able to open archives, extract files and pack files to 7z/zip/bz2/gz/tar archives.

TC4Shell supports most all Windows Explorer features.
  • Drag and drop
  • Copy and paste operations
  • All view modes
  • Files thumbnails in Thumbnail view mode (system handlers are used)
  • File previews in Windows Vista and high (system handlers are used)

Encrypted files are fully supported. Also you can browse double archives like file.tar.gz. Functionality of TC4Shell can be enlarged with WCX plugins of well known Total Commander file manager. There are a lot of WCX plugins developed by independent developers, and it makes Windows Explorer as universal archive manager. TC4Shell works on all operating systems from Windows XP to Windows 10. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows are fully supported (32-bit only WCX plugins work correctly on 64-bit versions of Windows).

I want to believe TC4Shell will be helpful tool for all users who prefer to use Windows Explorer as main file browser. Download link. Any comments, questions and requests are welcome.

umeca74

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
you wait ages for a bus to come then two come along simultaneously
http://zabkat.com/bl...-shell-extension.htm

I wish I saw your work one year earlier so I wouldn't have to waste my time on my partial solution :)

DenisA

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I wish I saw your work one year earlier so I wouldn't have to waste my time on my partial solution :)
In any case during development you got additional knowledge about Windows shell internals.

umeca74

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
btw the later 7z.dll versions include RAR5 support so you shouldn't need to bundle unrar.dll

DenisA

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I know but unrar.dll is _official_ lib from rar format developer (I think it does not contain errors and so on) so I prefer to use unrar.dll.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi, DenisA, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.

I would like to present my tool named TC4Shell.

I don't use Windows Explorer much but your program looks very well done.  Kudos.   :Thmbsup:

DenisA

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I don't use Windows Explorer much but your program looks very well done.
Thanks! TC4Shell can be useful not only for Windows Explorer users. If a file browser can navigate throw Windows shell namespace - it can use TC4Shell. For example, xplorer2 can, and user of this program can use TC4Shell too.