ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Urgent request for informatioon regarding time stamp in Windows 8

<< < (3/3)

questorfla:
[Date]

date.timezone = "UTC"

This I have located in the PHP.ini but cannot find a  corresponding in MY.ini and the program looks to me as though it is looking to MySql for these timestamps, not to the php software.

Thanks for all the help here this is not something i have ever tried to troubleshoot before,  But I guarantee I will never forget!

4wd:
This I have located in the PHP.ini but cannot find a  corresponding in MY.ini and the program looks to me as though it is looking to MySql for these timestamps, not to the php software.-questorfla (January 22, 2015, 03:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Apache/website would be using PHP to access MySQL for both reading/writing information would it not?

May be useful (or not): How To Synchronize Your PHP and MySQL Timezones

That's from 2011 but since you're using an old version of MySQL it may still be relevant.

questorfla:
Yep.   In a round about (and direct as well) way this was the problem.  This who9le setup was written or rather patched together by a group of people from various locations over  long amounbt of time.
Each one brought their own unique view on things as well as several ini files which left me ponering who had the controls at the time of the "mis" time. I finally found it (al;ong with several others all set to various world/wide timezones.  I have just never dealt with one where there wasn't a single over-all php.ini (There was one or two of those too) plus a few others.

I finally found the key to beating them all which was to use .htaccess since each module had its own copy, i was able to add the correct code to each that made the PHP stamp end up in the correct international timezone regardless of who wrote what.  This is NOT your normal DB software for sure.  Looked like a combined effort of everyone in the EU.  Plus the program that provides the MySql and the PhP and Apache modules also tries to provide the proper starting time based on UTC.

I just had to stop doing anything else to focus on tracking a single entry from satrt to display.    I originally thought it to be simplay a display artifact since if i downloaded the file it nevber had the incorrect dae or time.  But it actually turhd out that by doing a dump from the MySQ:L tables they really were being input at 12:30 min ahead.  However, if accessed through MySql and downloaded back to the place of origin, the reverse time swing put the correct ime back in due to the reverse order of actions. 

The files really had the incorrect time stamp as long as they were inside the DB.  I had ben looking at the display section which was the wrong place to look.  Afetr creating a new setupand adding a few files then pulling a full dump fr4om MySQL it was easy to see that inside the DB they were 12:30 ahead.  Turned out that particular module contained inside a modified script that was done by a programmer in the New Delhi TZ which is UTC+5:30.  I am UTC-6.  A total of exactly 11:30 and forward across the dateline.

The SQL dump is how i finally fund which one did the deed due to the exact 11:30 (I originally thought it to be 12:00 hours even).  There are not many places at UTC-5:30 so...
I have to say that I learned a lot from the experience.  And to give Shaed his Due :Thmbsup:  I 100% agree that this is sloppy control.  But the place i work for is well known for not shopping for software at the equivalent of the Doillar Store of Software!  :)  Lots of fun.  N OT!

Stoic Joker:
Afetr creating a new setupand adding a few files then pulling a full dump fr4om MySQL it was easy to see that inside the DB they were 12:30 ahead.  Turned out that particular module contained inside a modified script that was done by a programmer in the New Delhi TZ which is UTC+5:30.  I am UTC-6.  A total of exactly 11:30 and forward across the dateline.-questorfla (January 27, 2015, 10:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, that has got to suck bad enough for some kind of award ... Holy shit!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version