ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Urgent request for informatioon regarding time stamp in Windows 8

<< < (2/3) > >>

questorfla:
It isn't a time zone thing and the systems are synced 100% correctly to the  Time.Windows   clock. (though i have tried the US nationals to nothing helps) 
The files even display the correct time on my local screen when I look at them in the folder on the harddrive.  But when they display in a browser they have suddenly time-shifted by 12 hours into tomorrow.  It almost has to be something to do with the software that puts the directory display on the web but I can't find any place I can see this happen.
something in Apache, Java, Php, MySql  whatever it is, it isn't "really" changing anything it just adds 12 hours so that the date change happens at 12 noon instead of 12 midnight.  That is about as clear as I can put it because I cannot prove it other than with a screen shot of the website.  The real files that are displayed from here on the server are showing the right date and time both of when they were created as well as when they were edited or modified or any other stamps.
This has to be some kind of artifact of the web-displaying software since it is only a displayed time that is incorrect.  the real time for everything is what it should be.  But the effect is exactly 12 hours of added time to whatever the real time stamp is.

Stoic Joker:
I think your answer lies here:

Add a little extra to the Mix.
If i upload a document created on the 20th, it shows that it has a date of the 22nd already.  If i DOWNLOAD that same document back to the web-server, it shows the 21st which is correct.  The only time it LOOKS wrong is when it is viewed through a browser on the website.  
-questorfla (January 21, 2015, 07:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

What is the time offset where you're at?? It's possible that Apache is using either straight UTC, or is running off its own time offset for the directory browsing dates.

questorfla:
You may well be right.  I had o find a lot of tools i have not used in years like wingrep etc but I have found references that lead me to believe this may be something that has always been like this  since the beginning due to something in the my.ini file. 

--- ---
$row["created"] = FormatDateTimeStamp(inputMySQLTimestamp($row["created"]), DT_MID_DATETIME);

questorfla:
You are a good man Stoic :) :-*

I guess great minds think alike but i wish i had read tyour post sooner as it might have saved me looking.  But technically I needed to look in order to be able to trace the results if i make changes anyway.  
Any knowledge gained is never wasted.
I just cant find the place to edit in my.ini to set anything but i have found many references to it being there.  This is MySql V5.1 too.

questorfla:
mysql> SET GLOBAL time_zone = timezone;

OK i am getting in over my head now.  I have seen enough of this to be pretty darned sure hat the problem is the global timezone used in Mysql.  But the statement I see to set this don't look the exactly the same format as those in the my.ini. (which i finally located) Nor do I see the specific location line number where this should go   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version