ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do we have any musical people on DC?

<< < (11/65) > >>

Edvard:
@40Hz:  I swore off Fender amps since the last one I tried.  Can't remember what it was, but it was loud as hell at less than 100 watts and rang like a gong...  Just like my Gramp's '53 Deluxe (which I still have and give periodic TLC :Thmbsup:).  Perfect compliment to that Fender guitar tone if that's what you're looking for, but I prefer to think of Fenders as the platform everybody else dove off of.  Yeah, I'm aware that they're all Bassman underneath, but I love the soul that happens when you start tinkering...

My dream amp would be to find a burnt-out Peavey twin cab (lurv the twin sound) for next to nothing, gut it and roll my own two-channel: An AC-30 or Ampeg V2 preamp circuit for the clean channel, and the Lead channel from a Mesa Mark IV for kroonch.  For power, I dunno;  I'm torn between the raw power of 6V6s, smoothness of EL34s, or maybe I'd toss the tubes out and frankenstein in the power section from a Sunn Beta Lead 100 (drool).

Or... if I had a grand or so burning a hole in my wallet, I'd wait until Bugera is allowed to sell Magicians in the states again, if ever.   :huh:
Look familiar?
http://www.bugera-amps.com/en/Products/MAGICIAN-INFINIUM.aspx
Do we have any musical people on DC? Do we have any musical people on DC?
I thought so... and so did Mesa Engineering's lawyers (or so I've heard) :deal:

mouser:
I wonder if we should ask Mouser about the possibility of getting a Musician/Musical Instrument/Music Tech child board at DoCo?

--- End quote ---
I am not a musician but I love reading threads like this, people talking about their hobbies, projects, passions.
I don't want these discussions hiding away in a sub-board, in fact i'd like to see more of them in the Living Room.

40hz:
I wonder if we should ask Mouser about the possibility of getting a Musician/Musical Instrument/Music Tech child board at DoCo?

--- End quote ---
I am not a musician but I love reading threads like this, people talking about their hobbies, projects, passions.
I don't want these discussions hiding away in a sub-board, in fact i'd like to see more of them in the Living Room.

-mouser (December 02, 2014, 03:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

@musix people at DoCo - Does Mouser have any idea what he's getting himself into with people like us? ;D :Thmbsup:

@Mouser - Thx. And here I was worried that people might be getting bored with us. ;) :)

wraith808:

--- End quote ---

-mouser (December 02, 2014, 03:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

I understand your point- but to give a different view; with so much in the living room, everything moves down and disappears... and we forget about such threads.  Also, the noise in the living room gets loud :)  I look at it the same as if we were in person... people would gravitate to groups to talk based on interest, and move around... sometimes venturing back to the main conversation.

Just giving that bit of a viewpoint. :)

40hz:
^ I guess we could always take turns being the thread's designated bumper. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version