ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Koding.com and the great 100TB giveaway

<< < (3/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
No support for my new favorite language anyways  :-\

Sounds like a cool idea though.
-Edvard (February 02, 2014, 11:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

What's the latest?  I'm just curious.
An aside, I happened to go on Bjarne Stroustrup's site(to get the spelling) and he has this long-suffering look like "20 years of standardization committees and still I'm not done!"  :)

Edvard:
What's the latest?  I'm just curious.-MilesAhead (February 03, 2014, 07:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Pascal, since you're so kind to ask.  :-[
It's not as dead or incapable of a language as many make it out to be, and Lazarus is a very nice (if somewhat quirky) IDE to make little visual apps with.  I'm having a blast and learning a lot because for some reason I always end up with an itch to do something that turns out to be either buggy, or hard to do, or I don't know the language well enough.  ;D

An aside, I happened to go on Bjarne Stroustrup's site(to get the spelling) and he has this long-suffering look like "20 years of standardization committees and still I'm not done!"  :)
--- End quote ---

;D ;D ;D  Ah Bjarne, you've created a monster... a monster at once beautiful and hideous...

I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone.
-Bjarne Stroustrup
--- End quote ---

MilesAhead:
Algorithms + Data Structures = Programs.  One of my favorite programming books. I should give Lazarus another go.  I did Delphi for a long time.  Something about Pascal, I could just type in procedure or function names as I went along and figure out the implementation later.  It seemed to flow more than C based languages.

Although there does seem to be a "guilty pleasure" aspect to scooping up all the block variables and jamming them into a Lamda Expression in C++.  :)

wraith808:
I did Pascal/Delphi for a long time... made a lot of money with it.  Now I use C#, and when I tried to go back just to look at some old code... I didn't find myself wanting to jump back into it.

Edvard:
Like I've said before, use what works for you.  I like Pascal because I can grokw it. 
I've said this so many times now, I'm tempted to make it my new sig:
With most programming languages, I feel like I'm being forced to do math.  I hate math.  With Pascal, I feel like I'm writing poetry.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version