I've been working for days on a new update; there are really no new features just a lot of bug fixes and tweaking.
Anyone who wants to stress test it, i'd love to have reports on it:
But please do back up your launch bar files first, just in case.
I'll post an official beta soon.
v1.60.03 - 11/18/06
· When you drag and drop nodes between DIFFERENT files it will now default to a COPY operation not a move (you can override by holding CTRL to force a copy operation or SHIFT to force a MOVE operation).
· Added option in file node for configuring different confirmation levels for saving file changes.
· Several improvements in backup/save procedures designed to minimize the possibility of a crash during save corrupting any data, and make it highly likely that a backup will exist if your launchbar file gets fubar.
· Bugfix: An error message could be generated when clicking on a menu item, due to a mistaken toggle button link id#.
· Improved save procedure on exit.
· Improved save confirmation dialogs.
· Dragging and dropping a shortcut on a bar offered choice of linking to shortcut but ignored this choice and always linked to real file; fixed.
· Fixed bug that could cause crash if you close files/nodes that are showing on a docking bar on screen while you are editing it (docking bars now close while you edit preferences).
· You can now drag and drop file order in tree (i dont know why you would want to do that, but at least it doesnt crash like before)
· You can now drop tree files onto tree to load them.
· Bugfix: images could become temporarily mis-assigned when closing files.
· Added a backup reminder feature on first use.
· Added ability mark files as read-only so they will never be saved accidentally.
· Bugfix: canceling an exit from configuration screen could hang program.
· Changed special folders to have the form %SPECIALNAME% for easier identification.
· Internal file format upgraded (will notify you on loading old files) to speed up special folder access somewhat and speed up hiding of missing files.
· Bugfix: Folder icons weren't displaying in last version.
· Bugfix: .tmp files were not being deleted on successful save.
· Included HamRadio's awesome Icon Set #0 dll (thanks HamRadio) <---- NICE !!!
· New improved icon image selection mechanism.
· You can now cancel an icon change and it will revert to previous icon.
· You can now manually set the imageid for an item (useful for cloning images from other nodes).
· Added Help item to popup+tray menu.