ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2009

Warning: Time is the single biggest cause of stress in our western culture

(1/3) > >>

Paul Keith:
Source: http://www.entrepreneurs-journey.com/435/reduce-stress/

It’s amazing how much value we give it, how much influence it has on us and how it, or a lack of it, makes us sick.

Deadlines at work, during studies and in our social lives make life rushed. You feel as if you are running from place to place, meeting one deadline just to start work on meeting the next. During the worst times you feel as if you no longer have control over your own life, you forget why you created the deadlines in the first place and just work as fast as you can like a mindless automaton. You are always busy and if you are not you start to feel guilty. There has to be something wrong with that.

Then of course you look at the big picture and once again we seem to be rushing to achieve certain goals before we are 20, 25, 30, 40, 50 or 65 years old. Am I the only one who finds it funny that we count down our lives using a numerical system that just seems designed to make us feel like we are useless, out of date and underachieving? I’m constantly trying to forget my birthday so I can just be Yaro rather than a 26, nearly 27 year old male who should be earning so much money now and doing certain things because society says I should (and my peer group are too). It’s hard to forget how old you are though because you get presents on your birthday.
--- End quote ---

f0dder:
I thought this thread was going to be about Tower Defense :P

Perry Mowbray:
I don't subscribe to Time, so I wasn't overly worried (or stressed)  ;)

Innuendo:
...and here I thought this thread was about ex-wives.  :)

Paul Keith:
Damn, all your replies went over my head except Innuendo's so I'll just share the subtitle from the movie I'm currently watching (Brighter Summer Day)

"Remember... things with a hole in the middle bring headaches"

Hope that helps with the ex-wives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version