ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2009

Warning: Time is the single biggest cause of stress in our western culture

<< < (3/3)

crabby3:
"Remember... things with a hole in the middle bring headaches"
-Paul Keith (September 16, 2009, 11:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

This may also apply to a poorly aimed life preserver along with the possibility of knocked-out teeth or a broken nose.  :(  Still better than drowning.

TaoPhoenix:
Heh Necro Thread Arise!

But we're here, so I'll just add that "Time" is also one of the X concepts that makes basic civilization work. If for example you are dealing with an entity that has no concept of "time", it ruins your basic life efficiency!
(Examples include ditzy artsy friends, and "Please Hold (for 82 minutes), your call is important to us." (But not enough to staff the line better!!)

crabby3:
Heh Necro Thread Arise!

-TaoPhoenix (February 19, 2014, 06:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
I resuscitate what may warrant a different perspective.  Other things have a hole in the middle.  :)
Before I actually touched one I thought a lifebuoy was made out of expanded polystyrene (styrofoam).  Nope.  It's some kind of foam but hard as a rock.
Relyable knowledge should be shared.  :)

...If for example you are dealing with an entity that has no concept of "time", it ruins your basic life efficiency!
(Examples include ditzy artsy friends, ...

--- End quote ---
.. the words ditzy artsy friends aren't ever stringed together in my world.

..and "Please Hold (for 82 minutes), your call is important to us." (But not enough to staff the line better!!)

--- End quote ---
Sadly this is part of everyday life, anywhere anytime, not just the phone.  Wish there were downloadable groceries, clothing, pizza.   ;D

------------
Back on topic .. .
Worry, these days, may have replaced time.  :(

IainB:
"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so." from HHGTTG, by Douglas Adams.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version