ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

MOVE: Quick Serial Number Copy

<< < (3/5) > >>

mouser:
yeah i think its important everyone involved in this makes clear: carol+philkc are not interested in illegal numbers, but rather just a way of keeping track of their own legally owned software information.

maybe philkc you should think about making it more general, not just for keeping serials but any info related to a specific program (forum url, hints on use, etc.)

Carol Haynes:
I think any software that comes with 'sample' serial numbers would make me suspicious of what was going on behind the scenes ?

Mouser - I quite like that idea - in addition to the basic registration details it would be useful to store the following info for each piece of software:

1) Source website URL
2) Support forum/website URL
3) Contact email addresses (sales and support)
4) Contact phone number if telephone support is available
5) Purchase/billing source URL (eg. Digital river/Element5/RegNow type processing services) & Possibly login details (user name/password)
6) Puchaser receipt number and date

elpresi:
Hi,
wouldn´t a password manager such as Keepass do the job? It has plenty of fields such as url, username, password (you could put your serial number here) and notes. A special "serials" folder could be created to separate the serials from the web passwords or simply use a distinct Keepass file for serials.
Double clicking on an entry column automatically copies the corresponding data the clipboard (such as user or serial). To facilitate pasting serial numbers into a multiple field entry, free DM2 (see dialog extenders review) comes with a very handy plugin that allows to paste (Ctrl+Alt+P) a serial number into a multiple field entry.
(better explained here: http://dm2.sourceforge.net/plug_pastesn.html )

:-)

Hirudin:
what on gods earth happened with this post.

I left a "]" off the end of a [url=blahblah tag. I guess at that point the forum was trying to make the rest of the post a link, and freaked out.

Carol Haynes:
Can you remember what you were going to say Hirudin, we are all agog ? ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version