ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Opera goes FREE!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sentinel:
Apparently they are already doing quite well from sales to hardware manufactures for embedding Opera into mobile devices.  This is likely to provide the bulk of the revenue for the foreseeable future.  No doubt they sat down with their financiers and worked out that many hardcore users will be happy to buy premium support and the increased level of use and ultimately revenue from searches generated from Opera going 'free' would actually make them more money than their existing Shareware model.

Good luck to them as it really is an excellent product.

rjbull:
So how are Opera going to make any money?  Surely few people will pay for premium support?
-rjbull (September 21, 2005, 03:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Presumably by premium email accounts (why would anyone use this?) and advertising -CarolHaynes (September 21, 2005, 05:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
Anti-spam measures?  That's one reason why I still use my CompuServe ID: their spam controls are ferocious (sometimes too much so).

rjbull:
I Love opera but since I cant get support of RoboForm I just stopped using it. -vamp07 (September 21, 2005, 06:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
I've never even looked at RoboForm, but, could you get the same functionality from macro programs that you might run anyway?

Carol Haynes:
Probably but RoboForm is very easy to use and well integrated into Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape and Maxthon. They all have the ability to save passwords natively but RoboForm does more than that, and what's more it is very easy to recover all your data if your system does the big firework. There are even versions for handhelds and for use with memory sticks.

If you haven't tried it is worth a look.

mouser:
ill add my praise for ai roboform;
seems there is a lot of interest in roboform for opera but opera won't provide an api to make it possible.
come on opera, time to join the party.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version