ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: WinWarden - monitor windows and resize (and reposition) them

(1/8) > >>

lanux128:
hi there,

first of all, i'd like to thank you for devoting so much time on creating good quality freeware.

i used to have a software called Leaf Winkeeper which allows me to position application's window as they appear on screen. unfortunately that software is no longer being updated but now it is showing it's age as it has problems with WinXP... ;-(

i was hoping that maybe someone in this forum can create a similar software because my hunt for such a software on the internet has proved futile. there is one software that comes close but it can only maximize the windows not resize to a certain size. Here is the link: AutoSizer

another tool that is continuing to elude me is a one-click tool that centers the top-most (active) window regardless of the it's windows title or class name...

once again, i'd like to take opportunity to thank you for your time.

thanks in advance
best regards,
lanux

mouser:
great ideas!
i love the active window center idea - ill bet skrommel can whip up a skript for that.

lanux128:
hi there,

i found this freeware command-line tool that has a lot of features - NirCmd v1.70. it also controls windows positioning but however it centers all top-level windows in one go...

What it does
... allows you to do some useful tasks without displaying any user interface. By running NirCmd with simple command-line option, you can write and delete values and keys in the Registry, write values into INI file, restart windows or shut down the computer, create shortcut to a file, change the created/modified date of a file, change your display settings, turn off your monitor, open the door of your CD-ROM drive, and more...
--- End quote ---

best regards,
lanux

skrommel:
WinWarden Control how to display a window.

Move, maximize, minimize, restore, enable, disable, hide, show, ontop, bottom, alwaysontop, clip, transparent, transparent color, move relative to another window, stick to the edge of the screen.

You'll find the downloads and more info at Skrommel Software.

It's not very well testet, so please report back any errors. Also, I'm working to speed it up and add some more functions.

Skrommel

mouser:
winwarden looks great.

request (if it's easy to add) -  a command to center the active window on the current screen would be lovely.

to be more clear:
so the idea of winwarden, if i understand it, is that you can make a configuration file that says, whenever program XXX is started, put it here on screen, set it to ontop, change transparency, etc.  very useful.

it might be nice to allow you to hit a hotkey (or system tray menu) to change *active* window immediately without needing to edit config file.
for example a hotkey to center active window on screen would be cool i think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version