ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Dexpot: Probably the best virtual desktop manager around

<< < (4/14) > >>

TucknDar:
It really is hard to explain...  :huh:

But trust me (and jgpaiva) Virtual Desktops are awesome!! I wondered what the use for them was once, too, but now I'm used to them, I feel trapped without virtual desktops.

Curt:
EhEh.. It's "virtual", that's why it is hard to explain.
(...)
Do you understand what i mean?
-jgpaiva (January 20, 2007, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

- I do understand that if one can't understand the theory, another and often better way to understand is by doing. So I just might try this thing out some day.

jgpaiva:
If a program is designed to open in one copy only, then you are not able to work with that program on four desktops, are you?
-Curt (January 20, 2007, 05:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well.. By default, the window will only open in one desktop, and it'll only appear in that desktop. If you wanted, it could also appear in more than one or even all of the desktops.
I think you're getting there, curt ;)

Curt:

I think you're getting there, curt ;)
-jgpaiva (January 20, 2007, 06:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

"there" - hmmm... and just 'where' might that be? Mars? How is it up there? What's the story behind that signature? It sure sounds interesting  :tellme:

Darwin:
Hmm... rationale may have been a poor choice of word. I guess I meant I have trouble understanding WHY virtual desktops are so beneficial. jgpaiva and TucknDar are making the case well, though. I think I'll follow Curt's lead and learn the old fashioned way, by getting my hands dirty, so to speak. Right, I'm off to download dexpot.

NB I have played with the Stardock app that ships with Object Desktop but didn't really give it much of a workout. I'll be more diligent in putting dexpot through its paces!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version