ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Feature Request v2 - text replacement

<< < (3/3)

cracksloth:
kfitting, you can save 5 bucks and get a great clipboard manager with form filling functions by using memoclip, found here:
http://www.codesector.com/clipboard-manager.asp
it used to be freeware and it is still floating around if you look for it.  haven't used it in awhile but it still gives me warm tinglies when i think about it.  very small and efficient with loads of customizability...  can i read you mind or what?

kfitting:
Ok, ok, like I said, I was extremely tired last night!!  No, that's fine mouser, I was just trying to go off your understanding of the text replacement idea.... in a bloated and ugly sort of way! 

cracksloth:  I checked out memoclip.  I had never heard of it in all my searching.  I was impressed; however, not impressed enough to actually buy it ($14.95). 

Plus:
- clipboard manager and text replacement in the same program
- clipboard manager does seem very powerful.  It would take some playing around with to try it all out.

Negatives:
- no customizable date formats... honestly, this is the biggest reason I use text replacement.  I also tend to use nonstandard formats like 050716 for July 16, 2005 (The reason for that format is so that files or nodes in a tree [Keynote] will sort correctly) or 16 JUL 05. (we use that one at work on drawings)
- A tad on the large size as far as memory usage is concerned (5 meg).  Shortkeys takes up about 900k.  Granted, shortkeys doesn't ahve a clipboard extender.
- Clipboard extender does not appear (in my 10 minutes of looking) to have an invisible way of interaction.  You have to open the main window, select the piece of text, copy it to the clipboard, then paste it where you want it.  Compare to Mike Lin's Clipomatic (http://www.mlin.net/Clipomatic.shtml) where you hit ctrl+alt+v, a menu pops up, you select the text and whamo, it's pasted at the mouse cursor. (pity Clipomatic hasnt been updated recently)

All that being said, thanks for the tip cracksloth.  Memoclip certainly does add some features I hadnt thought of before.  Now if only you could combine them... mouser?  Heh heh, no, I'll let you run your own show!  Thanks for the constructive criticism/new information. 

Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version