topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • October 14, 2019, 11:39 PM
  • Proudly celebrating 13 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Eudora, Hermes and Pandora - also compared to TheBat! and other email clients  (Read 5456 times)

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The Hermes people spent a lot of energy on the mission-critical elements, especially the encryption and certificate issues, since that could make and break Eudora.

Virtual mailboxes, the best added feature there imho, would be wonderful, and they give a sketch of what they would like to do, but timing is simply unknown.

With Pandora you have, I believe, one developer, and he knows the code inside out. I still have to look at the virtuals.

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I, personally, find virtual mailboxes highly distracting now that I know what they do.  ;D

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Maybe we have a different idea about what is a virtual mailbox?

It is like a saved search, updated as new mail comes in, or is moved.

Where do you see it on Pandora?

Thanks!

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Right-click the root folder (usually named "Mail"), press and hold Shift, click "New...", leave Shift.
(A lot of things are - undocumented - reachable by pressing Shift at the right moment.)

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks!

Now, how do you tell mail that it should be in that virtual box.

In TheBat! you can define what is in the box by a right-click, nothing like that here.
I looked around a bit in Searches (TheBat! lets you morph a search into a new virtual mailbox) ..
And I looked around in filters.

Any help appreciated! 

========================

Setting up filters seems to be quirky, although theoretically Pandora can import the Eudora filters.

Looking for how to execute manual filters on highlighted mail (a good feature of Eudora).

And I do not see how you can prescribe various actions, in order, once you have the criteria.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 06:26 AM by Steven Avery »

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Uhh.

Honestly, I have no idea.  ;D
I guess it works via filter actions, as many things do...

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
the bat is going ribbon??!!  ugh.  pretty unnecessary.  it better be very customizable.

Alt-L....yea...i totally gave up on microed many years ago.  i just cant see a single practical advantage to microed.  i just use the plain windows option.  i just want it to wrap with the window size automatically.  i dont want to force it to wrap after XX characters.  just wrap with the window LIKE EVERY OTHER WINDOWS PROGRAM. 

I'm surprised there are not more email clients out there. 

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How many do you need?