ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

Android 6.0 tablet recent windows close all?

(1/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
My Android 6.0 phone has a button in the recent windows list to close them all with one tap.  What I want to know is why my Android 6.0 tablet cannot do the same?  All the apps I have tried do not work on the tablet.  It seems a tad strange that no utility can do it.  I am not talking about a kill running apps button.  Just one that closes all recent windows.  My tablet saves them between boots.  Sometimes I have to individually swipe 20 or 30 windows.  This has to have a fix somewhere.   >:(

wraith808:
What version of Android is on your tablet?  Mine has that function, and I don't even have the latest version on the tablet.

Ath:
TMK that close-all feature first appeared on Samsung devices, and later also on other brands (nothing to compare with though), but only recently was added to stock Android.
Sometimes it requires to 'shift the list aside' to reveal the Close all feature, have you tried that?

MilesAhead:
What version of Android is on your tablet?  Mine has that function, and I don't even have the latest version on the tablet.
-wraith808 (January 14, 2019, 12:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

It is Android 6.0 on an RCA Viking 10.1" tablet.  My cell phone has Android 6.0 and a "close all" button.  It seems the apps that are supposed to do it only work on phones.  I tried a few and gave up.

Edit:  It is one of those with the tablet in a case with built in keyboard.  I wonder    if that makes a difference?

MilesAhead:
TMK that close-all feature first appeared on Samsung devices, and later also on other brands (nothing to compare with though), but only recently was added to stock Android.
Sometimes it requires to 'shift the list aside' to reveal the Close all feature, have you tried that?
-Ath (January 14, 2019, 01:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I could not find any way to affect the windows as a group.  Is it a gesture?  I may have gestures disabled. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version