ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows Group Policy settings

(1/3) > >>

4wd:
Looking through back issues of APC (Australian Personal Computer) I found this little bit of info that might be useful for those stuck with Windows Home versions.

Normally the Group Policy Editor isn't available for Home editions (it can be hacked in) so calling gpedit.msc doesn't work but since it's just a frontend for registry settings, you can still effect the same changes through regedit.

Windows 10 ADMX spreadsheet - lists all the registry settings and what they do, courtesy of Microsoft.

There are other spreadsheets relating to other Windows versions available for download also.

wraith808:
if that's the case, then why would they exclude it?  Makes little sense.

IainB:
@4wd: Thanks!    :Thmbsup:

@wraith808: It might not seem to make sense, but it might make sense if one realises that some moronic marketing guy at M$ probably thought it made sense.

cranioscopical:
Looking through back issues of APC (Australian Personal Computer) I found this little bit of info that might be useful for those stuck with Windows Home versions...Windows 10 ADMX spreadsheet - lists all the registry settings and what they do, courtesy of Microsoft.
-4wd (October 09, 2016, 08:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks 4wd! Helpful as ever and with such impeccable timing. Having just saddled myself with 10 Home on a new toy, I was about to investigate solutions.

wraith808:
@4wd: Thanks!    :Thmbsup:

@wraith808: It might not seem to make sense, but it might make sense if one realises that some moronic marketing guy at M$ probably thought it made sense.
-IainB (October 10, 2016, 12:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm sure it's more than just marketing.  There's some sort of decision making process behind it- especially as MS released the spreadsheet, and this isn't a marketed feature.  I was just wondering what that reasoning might be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version