ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Assemble PDF documents

<< < (4/4)

Contro:
I am here again target. Watching youtube videos of the subject.
I will comment
Best Regards
 :-[

Contro:
glad to hear you're feeling better

FWIW you probably need to remember that this isn't a pdf authoring tool in the style of acrobat, so bookmarks are likely to be a challenge (by doing this you're effectively building a completley new document)

I'd need to read up on pdftk to be sure but I suspect this might be beyond PDFTK's capabilities (as others have said, PDF's are a bear to deal with)
-Target (January 16, 2016, 03:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Target I am sure you're right.

So the "target" may be reassure the bookmarks with a compatible tool or reconstruct in any possible way.

In my actual experience the bookmarks and index when mounting several pdf with acrobat seems a matter of "stravaganza" or insecure results.
Sometimes i obtain index without bookmarks o even i can lose the bookmarks.

So all we need i suppose is a complementary tool to do this after assemble the final pdf.

Target:
I don't know much about authoring PDF's (I have tolerate/hate relationship with the format) so others might be able to comment, but logically I would assume that you would have to rebuild any/all links when your combining content like this.  Clearly there is going to be new content, and existing content is going to move around, so any pre-existing indexing will almost certainly be redundant.

Indexing aside, can I assume that the script is working as advertised as far as the splitting and merging part goes?

Contro:
I don't know much about authoring PDF's (I have tolerate/hate relationship with the format) so others might be able to comment, but logically I would assume that you would have to rebuild any/all links when your combining content like this.  Clearly there is going to be new content, and existing content is going to move around, so any pre-existing indexing will almost certainly be redundant.

Indexing aside, can I assume that the script is working as advertised as far as the splitting and merging part goes?
-Target (February 02, 2016, 04:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ejem. At the present moment I am studying and seeing examples. I have opened a special sheet to control the changes.
I suppose your scripts works like the angels, but really i don't know yet.

I will try along this week.
Best Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version