topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 8:48 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How do I save to Clipboard as a file from the edit screen?  (Read 3166 times)

hoffmann

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How do I save to Clipboard as a file from the edit screen?
« on: December 13, 2015, 08:33 PM »
Hi,

I use the 'To Clipboard: File' option on the New Screenshot window all the time.
However often I need to make some annotations to a screenshot and then quickly save a selected region of the screenshot to a file in the clipboard. If this is possible, how do I do this. I don't seem to be able to find the option in the Edit menu's Copy to Clipboard choices.
In other words I'm looking for the option: Copy currently selected *region* to clipboard (as file)

Thank you.

CopySelectedToClipboard(File) 002.jpgHow do I save to Clipboard as a file from the edit screen?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: How do I save to Clipboard as a file from the edit screen?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 08:39 PM »
There is no direct way to do this, it's an interesting question though..
The fastest way to currently do what you want would be:
1. Select region, choose crop, then Save+ to save the cropped image as new screenhot with autoname, then copy image to clipboard.
OR
2. Select region, choose "Save selected region to new file", then select that new file and copy to clipboard.

It might make sense for me to add a new menu item in Edit menu copy to clipboard that said "Copy selected region to clipboard as bitmap"

But that wouldn't exactly answer your question if you need the region copied to clipboard as a FILE.

Thoughts?

hoffmann

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: How do I save to Clipboard as a file from the edit screen?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 08:46 PM »
Thank you Mouser,

I'll try these. Would be good if I could use screenshot captor to take screenshots of itself, that'd solve the problem.

The option to 'Copy selected region to clipboard as bitmap' is there already. Unfortunately I can't paste bitmaps into Lync...