ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

thinking of some earning

(1/2) > >>

anandcoral:
I am thinking of some earning.
The free apps I make will remain free. The website I make for them can accommodate some ads.

This is how the internet is now and I am planning to go along. I read about adsense.
In summary,
I can apply but may not be approved,
My income is not guaranteed,
Google can disable adsense any time without reason,
May require extra work for the adsense to work.

Presently I am looking at it as an extra source of income, if possible with minimum work.

I will be happy to get comments for fellow developers who have experience in adsense, guidance etc.

Regards,

Anand

anandcoral:
Hmm...looks like I will have to earn the experience too.

Ok will try to apply for adsense first, let's see what happens.

Regards,

Anand

ayryq:
I've never done it, so I have no practical advice. But I'll say there isn't much of a downside to adsense ads. They're pretty unobtrusive, quick-loading, and so pervasive I doubt anyone will think poorly of you. Test your site with an adblocker on to make sure it doesn't break layout, and I'd add a "donate" link as well.

mouser:
Go for it -- it cannot hurt to try -- and will be a good learning experience!
Adsense is not going to turn you down.. those rules are for people running very questionable sites.

DonationCoder has always focued on free and donationware software but we have never been against the idea that software developers need to be able to find a way to make some money from their work.  There is nothing wrong with putting ads on your site, or exploring the idea of charging for your software (especially for the commercial use of it, etc.)!  Just let us know how your experiments go!

KynloStephen66515:
Hmm...looks like I will have to earn the experience too.

Ok will try to apply for adsense first, let's see what happens.

Regards,

Anand

-anandcoral (October 13, 2015, 06:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

I got accepted for AdSense with a website that was a blank page...still have my account now.  They won't turn you down lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version