ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's up with WinPatrol?

<< < (4/4)

wraith808:
I've been trying the Slimjet version of Chrome for several months and it has no issues with WinPatrol or WinPrivacy downloads/updates.
-Joe Hone (August 26, 2015, 08:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

The site is fine currently.  At least in Chrome

MilesAhead:
I've been trying the Slimjet version of Chrome for several months and it has no issues with WinPatrol or WinPrivacy downloads/updates.
-Joe Hone (August 26, 2015, 08:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Slimjet looks interesting.  But I don't see a quickie way to import Bookmarks Toolbar or the whole Bookmarks shooting match from FF.  Is there a trick to it?

Edit: I am trying the 32 bit portable if that matters.

Edit2:  Never mind.  I overlooked the import menu.  

Edit3:  I like it.  Kind of like Mustang browser only a bit better.   :up:

Innuendo:
This thread made me actually install WinPrivacy and WinPatrol. I bought them during the 'last great hurrah because lifetime licenses are going away" and thought maybe I should check to see if the license information they sent me actually works.  ;D

Two things -

First: Holy crap! I can't believe what they are charging for these two programs now! I paid less than half of an annual license fee for one product & got two lifetime licenses.

Second: Holy crap again! These two programs look like their UIs escaped from the early 90s.

wraith808:
This thread made me actually install WinPrivacy and WinPatrol. I bought them during the 'last great hurrah because lifetime licenses are going away" and thought maybe I should check to see if the license information they sent me actually works.  ;D

Two things -

First: Holy crap! I can't believe what they are charging for these two programs now! I paid less than half of an annual license fee for one product & got two lifetime licenses.

Second: Holy crap again! These two programs look like their UIs escaped from the early 90s.
-Innuendo (August 29, 2015, 10:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed on both.  He tried to make the new one (WinPrivacy) look more modern.  He failed.

But their functionality can't be beat.  It's like having someone looking at your computer while you're using it, and seeing if someone else is trying to screw you and warning you. It can be annoying with the pop ups saying do you want to authorize this... but it's saved me a lot of time fixing the wife and kids computers...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version