ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 RELEASE: Link Warlock

<< < (2/5) > >>

skwire:
Bump! Any testers?-hamradio (October 31, 2014, 11:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just started playing with this...

I second the drag-n-drop suggestion.

Suggestion: If a URL is detected on the clipboard, pre-populate the 'Entry' field when adding a new entry.  You could make it even more efficient by adding a "Add URL from clipboard" option that wouldn't even display the 'Adding a New Entry' dialogue.  It would simply add the URL to which group is selected at the time.  Just a thought.

hamradio:

Suggestion: If a URL is detected on the clipboard, pre-populate the 'Entry' field when adding a new entry.  You could make it even more efficient by adding a "Add URL from clipboard" option that wouldn't even display the 'Adding a New Entry' dialogue.  It would simply add the URL to which group is selected at the time.  Just a thought.
-skwire (October 31, 2014, 10:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah I am still fiddling with drag and drop some so maybe for a text drag and drop.  You can drag and drop text files to the list at the moment (import/create new list option pops up). One entry per line don't know if you figured that out or not.  You can also drag the xml files it creates to the list as well to open.

skwire:
Further observations and thoughts:

* After adding or editing an entry, keyboard navigation of the listview no longer works.  You can shift-tab to give focus/control back to the listview but then the highlighted item is no longer the item with focus.  Just shift-tab and press 'Up'...you'll see what I mean.
* Drag-n-drop in the listview to move entries from group to group would be a nice-to-have.
* All the clickable URLs in the 'About' dialogue error out with an "Illegal characters in path" message box.

hamradio:
Further observations and thoughts:

* After adding or editing an entry, keyboard navigation of the listview no longer works.  You can shift-tab to give focus/control back to the listview but then the highlighted item is no longer the item with focus.  Just shift-tab and press 'Up'...you'll see what I mean.
* Drag-n-drop in the listview to move entries from group to group would be a nice-to-have.
* All the clickable URLs in the 'About' dialogue error out with an "Illegal characters in path" message box.-skwire (November 01, 2014, 10:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

1. Close to fixed...
2. Now possible when I upload the new version soon with shift + click then drag over one the entries in the list it will put it in the group of the entry below cursor.
3. Should be fixed.

hamradio:
Add URLs by drag-n-drop?
-cranioscopical (October 31, 2014, 09:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Suggestion: If a URL is detected on the clipboard, pre-populate the 'Entry' field when adding a new entry.  You could make it even more efficient by adding a "Add URL from clipboard" option that wouldn't even display the 'Adding a New Entry' dialogue.  It would simply add the URL to which group is selected at the time.  Just a thought.
-skwire (October 31, 2014, 10:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Toggle of the display of the add dialog for the new text drag and drop operations implemented and it uses/defaults to whichever group of the entry you are hovering over.  It will not work if you hover over the group row must be an actual entry.  Also, latest version has *not* been uploaded yet...Now to see if I can figure out how to fix the quirky keyboard navigation...This is just an update on status.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version