ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

pasted favorites clips crowd in top of the Quick Paste Pop-up Menu [bug?]

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
Ok so my new theory:

You probably manually set the ORDERING column value for your favorites, to values that you use to sort them.
But you've probably made those values lower than new clip ORDERING values of 0.
The QuickPaste menu obeys the ordering of the QuickPaste group, so its putting all favorites at top.
If you go into the QuickPaste group you will probably see your Favorites items at the top if sorted by the Order column.

Simple Solution:
Edit the QuickPaste group, change the Custom Menu Sorting SQL from "Ordering,ModificationDateTime" to "ModificationDateTime"

That should solve it.

leopoldus:
You probably manually set the ORDERING column value for your favorites, to values that you use to sort them.-mouser (October 06, 2014, 08:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, that is exactly what I've done.

But you've probably made those values lower than new clip ORDERING values of 0.

The QuickPaste menu obeys the ordering of the QuickPaste group, so its putting all favorites at top.
--- End quote ---

Do you mean, that I have assigned to them negative values ("lower than 0")? No, I've assigned to my favorite clips manually natural numbers as 3, 4, 5 etc.

If you go into the QuickPaste group you will probably see your Favorites items at the top if sorted by the Order column.
--- End quote ---

No, it is not so. They Favorites are there in the list in QuickPaste group, but not on the top, but are they are distributed at different places among regular clips.

Simple Solution:
Edit the QuickPaste group, change the Custom Menu Sorting SQL from "Ordering,ModificationDateTime" to "ModificationDateTime"
That should solve it.
--- End quote ---

Anyway this trick you have suggested has solved the matter. Thanks!
Here we can see, that sometimes a bit inaccurate assumptions can lead to a correct conclusion/solution. ;)

mouser:
Glad it worked; i see now that the grid order is not affected by that SQL, it's only the popup menus that are; so i am changing the default ordering for QuickPaste for new users to the same as you have just changed yours -- seems more reasonable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version