ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Magrunner FREE on GOG for 24 hours! (June 18, 2014)

<< < (3/4) > >>

mwb1100:
It seems like "flash sales" that last only a few hours are the new rage with game vendors - it's not just GOG.

wraith808:
But when I went to check out, that first item was off sale and showing up in the cart at its regular price.
-40hz (June 25, 2014, 06:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah... steam is friendlier in this regard.  They put big orange letters that something in your cart has changed in price, and put an asterisk beside it.

40hz:
Well... I guess it must be working for them then.  :huh:

But I still don't much care for it.

40hz:
But when I went to check out, that first item was off sale and showing up in the cart at its regular price.
-40hz (June 25, 2014, 06:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah... steam is friendlier in this regard.  They put big orange letters that something in your cart has changed in price, and put an asterisk beside it.
-wraith808 (June 25, 2014, 09:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

I try not to come across as being too pissy about things like this. GoG is a great company and I've been a happy customer of theirs  for some time now. Which is probably why when something goes wrong with GoG, it annoys me a lot more than the same thing would if it happened with another company.

I did send a mild note of complaint and suggested that the price of a title (once added to the cart) remain valid until the current user session ended or 60 additional minutes after the sale price expired - whichever came earlier. Or if that was not possible that you at least be informed (a la Steam) that the price had been changed.

I got the usual non-committal response about "passing your suggestion over to the appropriate team" -  so we'll see. But hey! If you don't complain it'll never get fixed, right?

wraith808:
Exactly.  And I didn't really view it as nit-picking... seems valid to me!  I actually almost bought something once the ticker had expired because of this particular glitch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version