ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Magrunner FREE on GOG for 24 hours! (June 18, 2014)

<< < (4/4)

Jibz:
I think there was perhaps a bit too much flash in their flash sale. The free offers were on for such a short time that I didn't manage to pick any of them up.

Edit: reading the previous posts after posting, this should just have been a +1 instead :-*.

wraith808:
I think there was perhaps a bit too much flash in their flash sale. The free offers were on for such a short time that I didn't manage to pick any of them up.

Edit: reading the previous posts after posting, this should just have been a +1 instead :-*.
-Jibz (June 25, 2014, 11:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you helped to hit the nail on the head of the problem for me.  With steam... it's in multiples of 8 hours for things changing.  You can predict.  I *still* haven't figured out how these gog sales are scheduled.  I know they're shorter than 8 hours.  So at some point it becomes... meh, I'll get them if I get them.

Same problem with the insomnia sale they ran a while back.  With no set (reasonable) timetable, people can't plan.  They're good ideas in theory, but the execution has fallen a bit short...

Deozaan:
My complaint is that the flash sales on GOG end at weird times. I saw something on sale the other day, it looked interesting from the "box" art, but I'd never heard of it so I watched the trailer for it and was convinced that I should buy it. When I added it to my cart, the sale had ended. This was at something like 20-25 minutes after the hour. I would have expected a sale to end on the hour, or at least in half-hour intervals. Not at 6:22 (for example).

That really annoyed me.

wraith808:
My complaint is that the flash sales on GOG end at weird times. I saw something on sale the other day, it looked interesting from the "box" art, but I'd never heard of it so I watched the trailer for it and was convinced that I should buy it. When I added it to my cart, the sale had ended. This was at something like 20-25 minutes after the hour. I would have expected a sale to end on the hour, or at least in half-hour intervals. Not at 6:22 (for example).

That really annoyed me.
-Deozaan (June 25, 2014, 03:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

My complaint towards that one... their ajax sucks.  Steam always updates.  GoG is more problematic.  New things were on sale on GoG on a page I had open, and it still showed the old things with Expired :-( in the time left... and didn't show the new items at all until I manually refreshed.  With such short turnaround, that's sucks.  And they did it for the insomnia sale... when it was over, they automatically refreshed the available items.

40hz:

That really annoyed me.
-Deozaan (June 25, 2014, 03:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, they're definitely trying to create a little "drama" this time out.

Problem is, it's a short distance between "making it fun" and hucksterism.

Can't speak for everybody, but I think GoG either got some very bad advice, or they're straying from the "up & up" image they've so carefully built up over the years.

I expect a little more from GoG. Hope my faith in them isn't misplaced.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version