ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

OneNote is now free

<< < (2/6) > >>

4wd:

* Some people see 64-bit programs being installed when they chose the 32-bit version, not sure what exactly the difference is-Jibz (March 20, 2014, 04:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Since x64 versions are usually a bit larger than their x86 counterparts, maybe it accounts for 900MB of the download?

Shades:
^ heh

3rd party plugins for Office are usually written for 32-bit Office versions and these are more than likely useless on a 64-bit Office version. Hence the advice that MS gave when I downloaded Office 2010 way back then.

4wd:
It was a dig at the size of the download and the fact that x86 versions of (any) programs are generally smaller than their x64 counterparts.

Maybe in the future I need to add more  ;D :) 8) ;) :( >:( :D :tellme: :o :huh: :-[ :down: :up: :Thmbsup: :'( :mad: :-\ :-* :P

Deozaan:
I got it and I thought it was funny. :-D

Innuendo:
3rd party plugins for Office are usually written for 32-bit Office versions and these are more than likely useless on a 64-bit Office version. Hence the advice that MS gave when I downloaded Office 2010 way back then.
-Shades (March 20, 2014, 07:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is exactly the reason for Microsoft's recommendations. 99% of the MS Office plugins available are 32-bit & they will not work with the 64-bit version of Office.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version