ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

OneNote is now free

<< < (3/6) > >>

4wd:
This is exactly the reason for Microsoft's recommendations. 99% of the MS Office plugins available are 32-bit & they will not work with the 64-bit version of Office.-Innuendo (March 21, 2014, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thus the farce of downloading the x86 installer and running it at their recommendation then finding that they apparently installed the x64 version instead ... without telling you.

Innuendo:
Thus the farce of downloading the x86 installer and running it at their recommendation then finding that they apparently installed the x64 version instead ... without telling you.-4wd (March 21, 2014, 10:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not that it excuses what is happening, but to be fair I don't think there are any plugins available for OneNote anyway. At least, I'm not aware of any.

Deozaan:
This is exactly the reason for Microsoft's recommendations. 99% of the MS Office plugins available are 32-bit & they will not work with the 64-bit version of Office.-Innuendo (March 21, 2014, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thus the farce of downloading the x86 installer and running it at their recommendation then finding that they apparently installed the x64 version instead ... without telling you.
-4wd (March 21, 2014, 10:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I downloaded and installed the x86 version and that's what exactly I got. I had to run a special removal tool to get rid of it so that I could install the x64 version. I also didn't have any other Office products installed on my computer before installing OneNote.

Did you by chance already have some Office x64 products installed before you installed OneNote?

4wd:
--- End quote ---

Thus the farce of downloading the x86 installer and running it at their recommendation then finding that they apparently installed the x64 version instead ... without telling you.-4wd (March 21, 2014, 10:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Did you by chance already have some Office x64 products installed before you installed OneNote?
-Deozaan (March 22, 2014, 01:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Other than Windows 8.1 Pro x64, there's no other Microsoft programs installed, (except those installed by WHS2011 - also x64).

When I ran the x86 installer I ended up with a folder in Program Files (x86) of ~200kB and one in Program Files of ~1GB - which if the folder under Program Files actually contained the x86 version, seems contrary to Microsoft's stipulations.

Jibz:
-Deozaan (March 22, 2014, 01:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I only had the free Word Viewer (with compatibility pack) installed (only think that comes in 32-bit). I noticed it no longer opens docx files but gives an error message now, not sure if the OneNote install broke it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version