ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

REQ: HTPC Util - Move tv shows older than 24 hours to external HD

(1/5) > >>

famewolf:
I know there have to be programs that already do this but the ones I looked at seem to loose folders as they do the copying.  In a nutshell I have a directory of tv shows and a directory of movies on C drive.....they get recorded and converted to mkv on this drive because it's a local drive and the transfer speeds are much faster but after everything is settled I'd like to move them to a USB HD with more space...the catch is if they are in folders by tv show I'd like them to STAY that way...and in an ideal world if they are NOT in a folder by tv show in the copy process it would create one and bundle them up but thats just wishful thinking.  Some sample filenames are:

Elementary-S02E13-All in the Family.mkv  Elementary-S02E13-All in the Family.srt  Elementary-S02E15-Corpse de Ballet.mkv
Elementary-S02E13-All in the Family.nfo  Elementary.S02E14.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4      Elementary.S02E15.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E02-Trust Me.mkv        Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E05-Heart of Stone.srt
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E02-Trust Me.nfo        Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E06-Who's Alice.mkv
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E02-Trust Me.srt        Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E06-Who's Alice.nfo
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E03-Forget Me Not.mkv   Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E06-Who's Alice.srt
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E03-Forget Me Not.nfo   Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E07-Bad Blood.mkv
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E03-Forget Me Not.srt   Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E07-Bad Blood.nfo
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E04-The Serpent.mkv     Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E07-Bad Blood.srt
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E04-The Serpent.nfo     Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E08-Home.mkv
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E04-The Serpent.srt     Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E08-Home.nfo
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E05-Heart of Stone.mkv  Once Upon a Time in Wonderland-S01E08-Home.srt

As you can see each show COULD have a ( .mkv OR mp4 ) .. a .srt and a .nfo.....I have similar folders/files for Movies.  If someone could point me in the right direction I'd be appreciative.  I like the file2folder app but it did not appear to bundle while ignoring extension nor allow me to bundle based on showname...typically seperated from the rest of the filename by a dash ( - ) or a period ( . ) or another method would be the part of the filename before SxxExx.  Thanks for your time reading this.

skwire:
The RegEx capabilities in my File Punter app could probably accomplish what you want.

famewolf:
The RegEx capabilities in my File Punter app could probably accomplish what you want.
-skwire (February 22, 2014, 01:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you!   I'll give it a try.

skwire:
Holler if you need help.   ;)

superboyac:
there are probably tools available for this already:
check out hygeia
http://www.purllow.com/

syncovery
http://www.syncovery.com/

Navigation