ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows moving around after monitors wake up

<< < (2/8) > >>

Stoic Joker:
FWIW, I run dual monitors and I DON'T experience this behaviour.  W7/64-skwire (February 20, 2014, 06:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Me either. I just jumped from Win7 with 2 22" 1920x1080 DVI monitors to Win8.1 with the same monitors but they are now DisplayPort with a DVI adapter. I have T-Clock auto sleep the monitors on session lock (Win+L) and nothing ever moves.

The only time I have seen this type of behavior is if I've been connected to the machine remotely. Then all bets are off as to where any given window will end up. With the old Win7 machine being a bit slow it would put on quite a show as they bounced all over hell trying to find where to be. But again, that was only if I had been connected remotely which already has to force everything from both screens into one smaller (at the house) screen so it was rather predictable behavior wise.

mouser:
The only time I have seen this type of behavior is if I've been connected to the machine remotely.
--- End quote ---

I do use a remote connection sometimes..

I think what i'll try is:
1. making sure no remote connection is open, and see if that makes a difference.
2. try changing the ont displayport connector to dvi and see if that makes a difference.

Curt:
if the problems not have gone away, I would try to install a program like DisplayFusion (one doesn't have to change wallpapers just because a wallpaper-changer is included) or Actual Multiple Monitors from Actual Window Manager. They both offer you to create monitor profiles that Windows should obey.

Fishous:
I'm also on Win7-64, 4 monitors, latest NVidia drivers, displays turn off 15 minutes, computer never. I don't have the problem.

1. Try setting no screensaver. If a screensaver changes the resolution, that could cause the issue.

2. It could be that the monitors are not waking up fast enough, you might be able to test this by cycling the power on the monitor before waking the computer up. It may or may not work.

3. If you're using a login screen when it wakes up, if that login screen is custom and changes the resolution, that could cause it.

4. The event logs might tell you something as well.

5. Do you have the taskbar set to auto-hide?

Josh:
Mouser, I have had problems in the past where, if I remote in on a machine with a lower desktop resolution, the icons will end up jumbled on the actual desktop when I log back in at the console. That had me puzzled at first but I figured it out. The only way around it is to use a "Icon position saving" tool and have it restore the position after you RDP in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version