topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 9:55 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Clipboard Help+Spell and Windows 8.1  (Read 5931 times)

geekonthego

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Clipboard Help+Spell and Windows 8.1
« on: January 03, 2014, 04:56 PM »
Anyone having problems with CH+S and Windows 8.1?  It works on the desktop but not in any Windows apps.  I tried changing my shortcut keys, no success. 

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Clipboard Help+Spell and Windows 8.1
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 11:16 AM »
Sorry for the delayed reply -- somehow this one got by me.

CHS should work fine on windows 8 -- are you still having the problem or did you figure out what the cause was? Anyone else?

geekonthego

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 11:36 AM »
Still having the same problem.  I'm getting around it by exiting the windows 8 app, going to the desktop, pulling up my clipboard, selecting the clip I want, returning to the app and pasting.  But it's no fun   :(

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 12:32 PM »
That sounds crazy frustrating. 

So can you tell me a little bit more about the problem -- does it happen on every program?
Let's narrow it down to try to make it easier to reproduce.

So let's work only with windows Notepad program.

If you go into notepad, with a file open and your cursor in the editable main window, can you bring up the quick-paste popup (default hotkey ctrl+alt+q), and then if you select an item from the CHS quick paste popup menu, what happens next?

geekonthego

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 05:50 PM »
Yes, notepad works fine.  I think because it is not a windows 8 app.  I  open notepad,n  use my hotkeys to  pull up my clipboard and all is as should be. 

Here's where it doesn't work:

Windows 8 Mail, Windows 8 calendar (those are the 2 I use the most where clipboard would be handy).

But I think the problem happens in any Windows 8 app.  I just tried food & drink and it didn't work either.  I went to the search field of food & drink and tried to pull up my clipboard, nothing happened.

Thanks for looking into this.   What Windows 8 apps have you used that have worked with the program?  I always bring the program up with hotkeys (have changed them to see if that would help, no luck). 

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 07:07 PM »
I went to the search field of food & drink and tried to pull up my clipboard, nothing happened.

So are you saying that the problem is that you can't bring up the CHS window from these applications?
So do we think that the problem is that none of the hotkeys are working at all from within these applications (e.g. you can't bring up the main window with Ctrl+Alt+W, etc.)?

geekonthego

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 07:36 AM »
Yes, exactly.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 03:13 AM »
I recently migrated from Win7-64 HP to Win8-64 (standard), and then updated that to Win8.1-64 (standard) and then upgraded that to Win8.1-64 PRO.
The Win8 OS seems to grab at least one (if not more) new hotkey combo for itself - "Win+S", which brings up the Search panel on the RHS of the display screen. Previously, "Win+S" was an MS Office hotkey which activated the Send To OneNote cliipping function for clipping a section of the display as an image directly to OneNote's default Unfiled Notes section. However, now, to use that function you have to press "Win+N", then "S" - which is a PITN and has some unanticipated adverse effects.

I have not found anything that upsets my CHS hotkey combinations though.
I mostly use:
  • Ctrl+Alt+A - Show CHS window.
  • Ctrl+Alt+Q - Quick Paste Menu.
  • Ctrl+Alt+Z - Quick Note Add.
  • Ctrl+C - Copy.
  • Ctrl+V - Paste just the text contents from Clipboard. (Modified by an AHK script.)
  • Ctrl+Shift+V - Paste rich text contents from Clipboard. (Modified by an AHK script.)