ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Prim Does Your Laundry. Pickup, Wash, Fold, Delivery, Awesome (techcrunch.com)

<< < (2/2)

Shades:
It costs me 30.000 PGS (about 6.5 USD) each time I visit the laundry place. But for that money it is getting washed, ironed and folded. For me the hassle of not having a machine to maintain that consumes water, electricity, detergent, fabric softener, lose time doing the ironing (which is another machine to maintain, consumes quite a lot of electricity and who hasn't been hurt by the ff folding ironing board) and folding.

If there is a significant other running around the house, one quickly forgets recurring costs and the time-sink that is laundry. If you want to do it yourself, fine. If you need to do laundry in very frequent intervals, fine. But if your laundry needs are small/infrequent...why bother doing it yourself.

I calculated that if I would by a (new) machine from a decent brand and take into account the recurring costs alone, it would take me 3.5 years to break even. Besides that, I rather use the time I'm not doing laundry,ironing and folding more productively (like posting on DC  ;D)

tomos:
"ironing" - what's that :P

cranioscopical:
"ironing" - what's that :P
-tomos (July 28, 2013, 05:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
It used to be common but I can tell that you've developed a new wrinkle.

erikts:
It costs me 30.000 PGS (about 6.5 USD) each time I visit the laundry place. But for that money it is getting washed, ironed and folded.
-Shades (July 27, 2013, 08:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Similar laundry service costs US$ 0.4 per 1 kg of cloths here but it does not offer pick-up/delivery service.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version