ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Prim Does Your Laundry. Pickup, Wash, Fold, Delivery, Awesome (techcrunch.com)

(1/2) > >>

justice:
Either way, laundry is a chore, and new Y Combinator startup Prim wants to do it for you. You can schedule Prim online to come to your place, pick up your laundry, have it washed and folded at a top-notch laundromat, and deliver it back to you. $25 for a bag. It’s that easy.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/07/25/prim-laundry/

You go online and select from their upcoming 9am-11am or 8pm-10pm pickup and drop-off windows. You throw your clothes in a garbage bag and wait for Prim’s text that it’ll be there in 15 minutes. The driver calls when they arrive. You can hand them the bag, leave it with your doorman, or if you’re comfortable, give them a copy of your key or send a photo of it and they’ll make a copy so they can just come into your place and grab the bag.
--- End quote ---

Wait, what?

cranioscopical:
... and then there's Crim. Drop all your small valuables into a laundry bag, give them a call, leave your keys taped to the front door and they will come to unburden you of the goodies, even leaving you a thank-you note.

:o

Deozaan:
$25 for a bag of laundry? :huh: Man... I'm so cheap I won't even use the coin-op machines at my apartment and just beg family or friends to let me come do laundry at their place. There's no way I'd waste that much money on a load of laundry.

TaoPhoenix:
$25 for a bag of laundry? :huh: Man... I'm so cheap I won't even use the coin-op machines at my apartment and just beg family or friends to let me come do laundry at their place. There's no way I'd waste that much money on a load of laundry.
-Deozaan (July 27, 2013, 02:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

From another perspective, since I also don't like hassle, let's say another reason this is expensive depending where you live. In my sections of Queens NYC I walk across the street *any time I want* between 8AM and 4PM-ish and drop off my laundry. It's done in a few hours. Then I walk back and pick it up. A "medium bag" is about $12. If I drop it off much later than 4 it just slides into the next day.

I'm no expert penny pincher, but $12 laundry isn't going to be the thing that sinks me! Not when it saves 4 hours of nuisance!

Tinman57:
-Deozaan (July 27, 2013, 02:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

From another perspective, since I also don't like hassle, let's say another reason this is expensive depending where you live. In my sections of Queens NYC I walk across the street *any time I want* between 8AM and 4PM-ish and drop off my laundry. It's done in a few hours. Then I walk back and pick it up. A "medium bag" is about $12. If I drop it off much later than 4 it just slides into the next day.

I'm no expert penny pincher, but $12 laundry isn't going to be the thing that sinks me! Not when it saves 4 hours of nuisance! -TaoPhoenix (July 27, 2013, 02:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Man, that's a rough life you have.  I just go into my laundry room in my house, 24/7 and do all the laundry I want and only have to pay for water and electricity....   :P  But even when I lived in an apartment back when dinosaurs ruled the Earth, the apartment had it's own private washing machine and dryer....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version