ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Jazper's Software

What is ShoutcastConcierge?

(1/2) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Spent some time looking yesterday but I couldn't get a clear idea of what this program does.

allen:
You plug in the URL's for shoutcast audio streams -- it monitors them so you can quickly and easily see what's playing on them all without having to go to each of the different websites. . . A program I'd overlooked until you posted asking.  Now, I'm using it . . . :D

Carol Haynes:
What is a "shoutcast audio stream"?

allen:
Internet radio, basically -- but instead of frequency/amplitude based stations, you just plug the web address of the "stream" into your audio player and listen that way.  Whatever you use to listen to music, there's a good chance it can play them -- if not, you can always give VU Player a spin.

You can find shoutcast streams for every taste in music here.

The advantage to Shoutcast Concierge is that you can have a list of favorite stations and see what song is currently playing in each of them - so if you don't like what's on one, you'll know what's playing on the rest -- switch to one you like.

Carol Haynes:
Thanks that makes sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version