ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DOTCOM saga - updates

<< < (16/39) > >>

40hz:
I'm cleaning out my bookshelves. So should I throw out the tome on "American Law"? :P

-TaoPhoenix (October 23, 2012, 10:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope. You'll need it to refer to during the trials when we finally throw the current batch of hooligans out, restore a genuinely representational government, and go back to being The United States of America once again.

Figure it will take another 20-25 years before it really hits the fan and the change takes place. Too bad we'll have to wade through the darkness of an actual police state for a decade or so before we get there.

So be it. It's all to the good. Vespero mundi expectando. Fiat lux! :Thmbsup:

8)

Renegade:
Just curious Renegade... why do you refer to him by his birth name when he legitimately took his stepfather's name?  I'm sure there must be subtext (knowing you), but I don't get it...
-wraith808 (October 23, 2012, 03:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

No real reason there. Everyone knows "Clinton", so I figured "why not?" It's just one of those little things that get glossed over, so why not highlight it a bit.

I'm cleaning out my bookshelves. So should I throw out the tome on "American Law"? :P
-TaoPhoenix (October 23, 2012, 10:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope. You'll need it to refer to during the trials when we finally throw the current batch of hooligans out, restore a genuinely representational government, and go back to being The United States of America once again.

Figure it will take another 20-25 years before it really hits the fan and the change takes place. Too bad we'll have to wade through the darkness of an actual police state for a decade or so before we get there.

So be it. It's all to the good. Vespero mundi expectando. Fiat lux! :Thmbsup:

8)
-40hz (October 23, 2012, 09:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm fearful that the police state will lock down communications (the Internet) and control the propaganda machine (the mainstream media) with such incredible technological skill and so well that it will plunge humanity into darkness forever.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--for ever.
--- End quote ---

http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks01/0100021.txt

Open and free communication is absolutely necessary to stop that.

TaoPhoenix:
I'm fearful that the police state will lock down communications (the Internet) and control the propaganda machine (the mainstream media) with such incredible technological skill and so well that it will plunge humanity into darkness forever.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--for ever.
--- End quote ---
-Renegade (October 23, 2012, 09:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Bill_of_Rights#Amendments

Unfortunately this is becoming a list of "things to break". The Third Amendment is lurking behind the corner with all kinds of NSFW implications.  :o

40hz:
-Renegade (October 23, 2012, 09:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't be.

Nothing taken by force is ever kept.

And the more advanced the technology, the more brittle the system that controls it.

Superior firepower didn't defeat the Viet Cong.

Superior firepower, satellite surveillance/communications networks, and advanced military intelligence didn't defeat the Taliban or al Quaeda to date.

A full fledged police state that was also one of the greatest military powers the world had ever seen didn't keep the Eastern Bloc or the Soviet Union intact. Or defeat the Afghans.

In the immortal words of Hassan-i Sabbāh (roughly translated from 11th century Persian): Ain't nothing so heavy it can't be knocked on its ass - and everything is cool, Baby!

It's all a matter how you look at things. That and taking the time to actually look.

A little test
What do you see?

a) A real threat to your privacy and freedom

b) Some pawns of The Powers That Be who are sitting ducks in that little box they're in if it ever gets really ugly.

FNORD!

;) 8)

TaoPhoenix:
Nice words of hope 40hz.

However, this whole broad movement is one of the biggest attacks on civil liberties ever. As only a grade C prophet, I can't yet see the signature event that changes things back to the sides of decency.

We need the People's version of 9-11 that we can chant as a meme.

I don't know where that is yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version