ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2009

Chore Cards.. Almost makes it fun..

<< < (3/3)

Deozaan:
I imagine a simple web app based on this idea could be very useful.

It's basically a glorified ToDo list, except specifically for tasks that must be done again and again.

Basically, it just needs a description of the chore, the repeat rate for the chore, and the ability to either refile (set it to pop up at the next interval) or delay one day ("do tomorrow" option). If you could log in and it would show the tasks that need to be done with a simple link for these two options, that's about all that's needed.

Paul Keith:
For that purpose, I used to use Listography: http://listography.com/ before I kind've forgotten about it and forgot my account altogether.

For the pop-up idea, Listaculous seems to have that feature but I personally haven't tried it: http://www.listaculous.com/

They don't all fulfill your requirements but then again, I can't see why Remember The Milk's Inbox + Postpone button can't fulfill this need so I'm not sure whether it's the features that don't satisfy you or the ui.

That said, your requirement for a web app seems to go against the idea of an index card. Even services like NowDoThis and Workhack requires the added inconvenience of opening up a browser.

Kamel:
My wife and I are going to be using our own version of this chore card system in order to make sure we aren't overlooking what needs to be done when it needs to be done. Thanks a lot for the tip on the chore cards, I'll let everyone know how ours goes when we finish making and implementing it.

So far, it's going to be very different than what we've seen on the internet. The big difference is it's going to geared towards adults, so having individual assignments wont be necessary. The primary goal and focus will be simply to know when someone has and hasn't completed something so that we can keep on top of things without constantly consulting one another on what we've already done and discussing what needs to be done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version