ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

fSekrit still in development?

<< < (2/4) > >>

f0dder:
Definitely in agreement with TT1, ideally with a GPL'd license.-webfork (December 30, 2010, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
Still not sure which license I'm going to stick on it, but there's no way I'll even consider tainting my project with that nasty piece of crap :)

rxantos:
How about:
1. Leave the free version close sourced
2. Charge for the code for whoever wants to look at it.

OR:

Open the source, while retaining all rights. Which means that people can look at it, review it, find flaws, submit patches, etc. But cannot just put it, legally, on another application without your consent.

Of course nothing will stop an unscrupulous person to just ignore your license and use the code anyway.

f0dder:
How about:
1. Leave the free version close sourced
2. Charge for the code for whoever wants to look at it.-rxantos (January 21, 2011, 02:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
That would be pointless for fSekrit - the goal of opensourcing it is the "confidence" it instills in users (ie., no hidden backdoors, flaws, etc) as well as ensuring the program lives on and the documents are accessible even if I get hit by a truck.

Open the source, while retaining all rights. Which means that people can look at it, review it, find flaws, submit patches, etc. But cannot just put it, legally, on another application without your consent.-rxantos (January 21, 2011, 02:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
I dunno which license I'm going to use (part from not being GPL), but I'm not sure such a restrictive license makes sense - it's not exactly like fSekrit is a big source of income for me, and it doesn't contain any rocket science.

I'd definitely prefer people not forking it, but rather have them submit patches to me, but oh well.

panzer:
Is it Ok for you if I make an extension for browser so if you select text-right click-on menu click on send to fsekrit, text is coppied into your software automatically (basically, it just opens fsekrit directly from browser and copy text in it) and leave the changelog.txt out of the package (readme.txt and fsekrit.txt will still be there)?

f0dder:
Is it Ok for you if I make an extension for browser so if you select text-right click-on menu click on send to fsekrit, text is coppied into your software automatically (basically, it just opens fsekrit directly from browser and copy text in it) and leave the changelog.txt out of the package (readme.txt and fsekrit.txt will still be there)?-panzer (February 03, 2011, 02:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
I would prefer if you keep the changelog as well, but you're welcome to rename both readme and changelog to have a "fsekrit-*" prefix or similar :)

How do you plan on making the extension work, btw? Considering that the user has to enter his passphrase before fSekrit will accept pasted text.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version