ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

how they create such beautiful graphics?

<< < (3/6) > >>

JavaJones:
Any major CG app can do that. You could probably use the free Blender, it's becoming surprisingly capable. One of the more well established apps like 3DS Max, Maya, etc. may be better though. For a lot of that kind of stuff you'd want an "array" tool to create lots of copies of an object, and probably do some fancy footwork to get the shapes. A good particle system editor might make it fairly easy. See e.g. Particle Flow: http://forcg.com/tutorials/particle-system/15-excellent-particle-flow-animations/

- Oshyan

40hz:
At the risk of sounding trite, they did it by hiring an artist to do it.

The tools are irrelevant. An artist could produce equally stunning visuals using anything from a #2 pencil and sketchpad up to a fully tricked-out digital studio.

Like Gypsy Rose Lee said: It ain't what you got. It's how you use it.

There's just no getting around it.  :)

katykaty:
Sorry, but the first one just looked awkward to me.  :(

It took me a few seconds to realise it was the serif typeface someone had used to add one of the labels  :o

tomos:
Sorry, but the first one just looked awkward to me.  :(

It took me a few seconds to realise it was the serif typeface someone had used to add one of the labels  :o
-katykaty (June 20, 2010, 01:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes (it is a nice illustration) but very poorly labeled (even the sans-serif type)

Deozaan:
You think the graphic with the viral hairpins was hand-drawn?  Looks painstaking.  You couldn't do it faster with some kind of drawing software?-AndyM (June 19, 2010, 10:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

What Oshyan said:

The Viral Hairpins graphic is almost certainly a computer rendered image, but the first one at top is hand-drawn (that does not mean it was not done with a computer program, just that it was done "by hand", not automatically calculated by a rendering algorithm).-JavaJones (June 19, 2010, 11:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version