topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 10:59 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: A little AutoIt3 utility to enhance the Windows Desktop Search  (Read 6495 times)

Amadawn

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
OK, here you have a little utility that I made the Windows Desktop Search whichh I use and which I call WDSToggle. In the zip file I provide the executable, the AutoIt3 source code and a pretty detailed README and INSTALLATION instructions text file. I hope some of you find it useful. I made a similar tool for enhancing the Google Desktop Search. The problem is that GDS uses a specific key for each user and thus I cannot make a general executable that everyone can use. If someone finds out a solution for that I could give you that version too.

From the README, this is what it does:

WHAT WDSTOGGLE DOES:
WDSToggle is a little utility (or enhancement) for Windows Desktop Search (WDS). It lets you hide/show the WDS search window with the click of a single hotkey (F8 by default, but you can change it).

If you are like me you do not want to have your computer screen cluttered with unnecessary windows and programs. Although I like Windows Desktop Search a lot and I use it very often I don't need it all the time. Windows Desktop Search lets you put a toolbar on the Windows Taskbar or have floating window on your desktop. I don't like the toolbar because it takes permanently a lot of space
from my taskbar, and I don't like the floating window because there is no way to hide it when you don't need it or to  bring it to the front when you want it. That is why I created WDSToggle.

I hope someone finds this useful!  ;D

Cheers!

Amadawn (a proud new charter member of donationcoder.com  :D)