ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Features removed from Win7 - do we miss them?

(1/4) > >>

JavaJones:
I found an interesting list of things removed from Windows 7 (vs. Vista - the list of things removed in Vista vs. XP is a lot longer :D). I thought it might be useful to see a concrete list and talk about what things we might miss (or are glad are gone!). So here's the list, to get started (and I'm sure it will grow with time):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_removed_in_Windows_7

I will tell you the biggest thing I miss is the more full functionality of the status bar in Explorer. Why they removed features like showing the size of folder contents I just don't know! Especially with the supposedly more advanced indexing Win7 now has.

- Oshyan

Dormouse:
I don't really have many comments. Very rarely use Vista and the features missing from it in W7 don't seem a big issue to me. But the ones that are missing from those I have in XP are very irritating indeed.

zridling:
Great find, JavaJ. Had no idea "Windows Calendar" even existed!

Josh:
I don't really have many comments. Very rarely use Vista and the features missing from it in W7 don't seem a big issue to me. But the ones that are missing from those I have in XP are very irritating indeed.
-Dormouse (October 21, 2009, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

What do you find missing from XP that 7 does not have?

Hirudin:
I can do without all those features myself. I think I would be more disappointed if I used Windows Explorer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version