ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone else hosting a Windows 7 launch party?!

(1/4) > >>

Darwin:
Title says it all (or most of it, anyway) - I applied to host a Win7 launch party and was "selected". WTF?! Now what do I do?! Anyone else in the same boat? I figure that there must be at least a couple of other hosts out there in Cody-land and I'd like to hear from you.

mouser:
first thing to do is watch this and laugh at it and agree not to be like these people:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=20040.0

after watching that you should all be laughing so hard that you can enjoy yourselves.

Hirudin:
Are strangers going to come to your house for this?

tomos:

I gotta say I dont really know what they're about - do you need to try and sell Win7 or does someone come and do a presentation...
or what's the idea of them?

Darwin:
I gotta say I dont really know what they're about - do you need to try and sell Win7 or does someone come and do a presentation...
or what's the idea of them?

-tomos (September 25, 2009, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nah... I get a free Win7 Ultimate disc beforehand and show it off to my guests. I'm inviting family and friends and will show them Win7 running on my notebook. I figure I'll be doing this on and off over the next year anyway, so I might as well get it all out of the way on the 22nd and get a free Ultimate disc to boot! This way, I can do an in-place update from Vista Ultimate without having to wipe my system and do a clean install (don't worry, I know that this is risky; I'll take an image of my Vista install beforehand, just to be safe...).

I didn't really expect to be selected for this but now have to actually figure out what to do!

Mouser - saw that video this morning and spent 6 and a half minutes squirming.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version