ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Scan music collection for missing covers/artwork

<< < (8/15) > >>

worstje:
I spent a whole weekend tagging and searching covers, and Covart Explorer was a great help. :D

One thing I think could make it a bit better still would be to have a list below the cover, where other image files are listed. In many cases, I found that I did have the covers in some shape or form, be it as a whole scanned booklet, special edition cover, promo stickers or whatever else they manage to add to an album. There'd be no need to expand on the cover searching algorithm - it'd just be a simpler way to quickly glance looks at those other files than opening the directory (thanks for the insight to add that under right click :)) and then by rightclicking the file, open with and anything but photoshop which likes my PNG and BMPs, but not my JPGs. (On that note.. Photoshop is awesome, but not as a viewer. I really need to make something else my doubleclick action, but I keep forgetting to do it..)

Anyhow yeah, that was a little derail. Thanks for a great app, it served its purpose well - I just hope I can manage to keep on top of my covers from here on forth or I'll end up coming back for more... :D

skwire:
I spent a whole weekend tagging and searching covers, and Covart Explorer was a great help. :D-worstje (May 18, 2009, 07:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Great to hear.

One thing I think could make it a bit better still would be to have a list below the cover, where other image files are listed. In many cases, I found that I did have the covers in some shape or form, be it as a whole scanned booklet, special edition cover, promo stickers or whatever else they manage to add to an album.-worstje (May 18, 2009, 07:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Something like this?
DONE: Scan music collection for missing covers/artwork

Anyhow yeah, that was a little derail. Thanks for a great app, it served its purpose well - I just hope I can manage to keep on top of my covers from here on forth or I'll end up coming back for more... :D-worstje (May 18, 2009, 07:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome; I'm glad I was able to help out.

worstje:
Had I had that this weekend, I'd have easily saved myself an hour or maybe two. But yeah, that is what I had in mind. :D

skwire:
v1.0.6 - 2009-08-14
    + Window size and position are now saved.
    + Added several file management options when right-clicking the listbox or image.
    + Added "Register 'Add to CovArt Ops' shell extension" option under the Extra menu.
    * Minor graphical tweak to the picture control.
    ! Root folder of a selection wasn't being scanned properly.

choicefresh:
I get a "Shell init failed" error when opening the program.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version