ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Scan music collection for missing covers/artwork

(1/15) > >>

worstje:
Topic says it all. I know it is somewhat possible with iTunes by going coverflow happy and looking for the grays, but I hate that program.

Ideally, I'd want a big list, sorted by album title. An album could be determined by the directory, as I use one directory per album. Please please PLEASE do not make different artists turn it into different albums, since that's what's making most programs I found throw up with 15 similar covers for different artists - directory criterium alone is all I need. It should look for the cover in a cover.jpg, folder.jpg, front.jpg as well as tags in the files if files doesn't work. Albums that end up without any cover art should light up red in the list. It would also be nice if it was possible to see how the program found the cover (from a file (filename), from tags, etc) and whether it is consistent. A way to get the directory the album is in (Copy to clipboard) would also be awesome.

Reason I'm looking for this is that I lost a crapload of my album art when iTunes messed up my computer, and I'm not letting it back on lest it destroy stuff again.. but I do want to go through my 500+ albums to restore covers where they might be missing.

P.S.: Used the Dina font for years, always been a lurker without account till now. Great website! ^^

skwire:
I can do this one.  Some more thoughts to come a bit later...

Edit:  Added screenshots and download link.

Download: CovArt Ops

DONE: Scan music collection for missing covers/artwork

mouser:
skwire please slow down or your boss will call us and inform us he is doing an intervention and blocking your access to donationcoder.  :tellme:

worstje:
Such a quick reply. Awesome, I can't wait.

Thanks for putting your job on the line for me, skwire! :-*

skwire:
skwire please slow down or your boss will call us and inform us he is doing an intervention and blocking your access to donationcoder.  :tellme:
-mouser (May 11, 2009, 05:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
;D  GUI-based apps like these are my favourites to create so these requests are pretty hard to resist.

Such a quick reply. Awesome, I can't wait.
Thanks for putting your job on the line for me, skwire! :-*
-worstje (May 11, 2009, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure thing...my boss will be elated.  =]  I try to leave it up to the OP for the app's name, so, try to come up with one, please.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version