ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Locate 3.0 - great *FAST* HD search tool!

<< < (10/33) > >>

brotherS:
wow, Locate is really fast, thanks brotherS.
-kimmchii (June 16, 2006, 03:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes! :Thmbsup:

I also love the little details, which I discovered over time.

mikem:
Locate32 question:

ive used it at it seems good, but i have 1 user problem.

On the laptop theres 1 hidden partition for a backup/restore program i use.

Locate32 detects this partition and errors out, and the search stops.

Theres the custom settings where you select partitions, but heres another problem.

Since this is a laptop, its used with maybe 4 different external harddrives, spread over different locations.

And the program errors out again if one of these are not on.

sum up: shouldnt there be a way that the program doesnt halt if it cant search one partition?

Edit..found it..hm typical.

Easy to miss, and should maybe be unchecked at start

urlwolf:
Update: I asked "how to set Locate to 'activate' the first found file when the search is done (like in the Windows search) or maybe even already when the first file is found." - thanks to the nice coder this features has been added!

-brotherS (November 01, 2005, 09:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

How do you do that? I have v. 3.06.6060 but cannot see it in the options...

jmj:
How do you do that? I have v. 3.06.6060 but cannot see it in the options...
-urlwolf (June 28, 2006, 05:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

There is "Activate the first found item after search is completed" option (under Results/Result list) in Advanced settings tab.

jmj:
Well, I could also introduce myself:

Hello every one. I am the author of Locate32. If you have some problems with program, feel free to contact me (you can also tell about it here, I'll try to watch this thread). Feature requiests are also welcome. However, lately it is quite hard to find enough time to work with locate and therefore bigger features may take time (possibly years), unless it a small and easy-to-implement things).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version