ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Locate 3.0 - great *FAST* HD search tool!

<< < (7/33) > >>

brotherS:
"Rainy Day" color scheme, not windows theme, sorry :) (ie, desktop properties -> apperance tab -> color scheme dropdown).
-f0dder (March 22, 2006, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ah... :)

It's called slate here - and it matches the color perfectly:

f0dder:
Ah doh, slate and rainy day look pretty much alike :)

zridling:
Having removed both desktop search apps I had installed on my system, I've come to rely on Veign's Seeker to find stray or lost files. It's fast, easy, and leaves my computer alone when I'm not using it.

Veign:
Veign,

Give Seeker a try and tell me what you think..

* Regular expression support
-Veign (November 01, 2005, 12:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Regexps are nice, but I'd prefer Boolean searches for extracting information from files.  Also, I often want to make lists of files for use in other processes;  can it save its "hit lists?"
-rjbull (January 10, 2006, 03:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

There are four reporting modes for search / replace results.  Two of them are text-file based which can be saved and printed.

Also, there is now support for looking inside of Word and Excel files (Excel search will report what sheet and cells the search items had been found).

The application was created out of need for a fast and easy to use search and replace tool.  I wanted something I could tweak to be exactly what I need.

Should also add its Donationware to follow the spirit of this website...

brotherS:
Having removed both desktop search apps I had installed on my system, I've come to rely on Veign's Seeker to find stray or lost files. It's fast, easy, and leaves my computer alone when I'm not using it.
-zridling (April 14, 2006, 05:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Err... did you even try Locate for a day or three? It's a *totally* different approach, you can't really compare those two programs.

If you like Seeker, what about posting a Seeker Mini-Review? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version