I decided to check for updates to see if SFFS had done anything lately. A couple of months ago the developer posted here in response to a thread where I was complaining quite loudly about the surprising difficulties with trying to schedule syncs with SFFS. At the time he mentioned scheduling would be much easier in version 4 and he promised a free upgrade to anyone reading that post if they emailed him and requested it. He didn't mention when version 4 was expected to hit the street, though.
From the SFFS interface I could not find any way to check for updates. No link for that under the Help menu as most programs do and nothing in Options to auto-check for updates.
So I visited the SFFS website to look there manually. I did find that something has been updated in SFFS, but not exactly what. My current version, 3.67, is the last dated release shown on the Version History page
, but several more releases are also shown there - none with dates, though. I copied them from that page and they are listed below:
SFFS Version History
v3.75b build 714
- fixes minimizing problems on some computers
- scheduler tab sheet now supports Unicode better
v3.75a build 713
- use + prefix in "Execute After" script to have it run only upon complete success
- fixes a problem where sometimes FTP transfers where not resumed when using "Auto Resume"
- fixes some service scheduler-related delays in the GUI
v3.75 build 712
- fixes a rare Range Check Error that can occur with WebDAV authentication when Basic Authentication is not used.
v3.75 build 710
- FTP retrying optimized
- renaming conflicting files now supported for FTP
- certificates can now be used without password again, (new checkbox on the FTP dialog)
- the Cache Destination option now correctly removes deleted files from the cache.
- fixed word wrapping on large system fonts in Wizard Mode
- the program no longer shows "30 days left for eval." for some registered customers
- FTP can now go over port 80 again
- new setting: Waiting time countdown before shutdown (on Options tab sheet)
- fixed Last Sucess not being updated
- new setting: FTP Retries on the FTP dialog
- more detailed logging in case of errors when using the "Log Timing" option
- fixes rare AV at the end of processes running in parallel
- fixes emails not being sent from jobs running in parallel
- fixes a WebDAV compatibility issue
- fixes a bug when using a File Age "less than" filter, where the interval would be reduced by 1 second each time the profile is run (1 minute after 60 runs)
- improved WebDAV compatibility and speed
- fixes an occasional WebDAV problem
- Amazon S3 uploads are now automatically verified using their MD5 checksum
- copying across networks such as VPNs now tolerates interruptions and will resme transfers appropriately
- Partial File Updating optimized
- setting timestamps via WebDAV now supports three different server types which can be selected on the Internet Protocols dialog (FTP ETC.)
- Execute before/after command lines can be set to only run on specific weekdays
- a Proxy can now be specified for Amazon S3
- the diff tool can now be invoked when one side is FTP
- program now works correctly if both Partial File Updating and Auto-Resume is selected with SSH uploads
(I tried using the forum "Table" feature for the above - yuck!)
Anyway, has anyone managed to receive/install the above updates? How do you check for SFFS updates? Or is it just like I did - look at the site and see if anything newer is there?
BTW, I don't see any way to download updates - only the regular trial version, and I have no idea whether or not that is the latest build.
(This is almost as bad a the Chameleon Startup Manager update circus - another poor implementation IMO. The more I see.....)